Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Please help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am so stressed! I cant think properly

Can anyone help with this i have to write an intro into social factors and what they are in health and social care can anyone please please help???

Comments

• Options
    I would love to help hun but I'm living in a bloody builders site at the mo I can't even hear myself think. Can't do my own bloody work arghhhhh!
  • Options
    I went to the Doctors about stress today, well a check up too see how i was doing. That may not help right now sorry. I just cant work when im stressed!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I just cant work when im stressed!

I don't think anyone can.
  • Options
    WHAT YOU SAY!?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    WHAT YOU SAY!?
    What the fuck :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe

What the fuck :eek2:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!
  • Options
    Re: Please help
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    I am so stressed! I cant think properly

Can anyone help with this i have to write an intro into social factors and what they are in health and social care can anyone please please help???

Can you give us any more info/details??
  • Options
    Re: Re: Please help
    Originally posted by Miffy

Can you give us any more info/details??

Yeah, that's what I meant :p
  • Options
    Devil? You still need help??
  • Options
    Yes please sorry! Went on to something else.

Wellits about the social factors in the health management of a client! All to do with health and social care!

Its really hard!

I know what i want to say but cant!
  • Options
    I would imagine they mean that if you are at the low end of the income scale for example you may not have the finances to live a healthy life. Your living conditions, budget, education etc will have an effect on your health. If you are surviving on £30 a week good vegetables, vitamins, helthy cuts of meat, trips to the leisure centre etc are not possible. Poverty often means ill health.
  • Options
    Sorry to keep asking questions but do you mean the social factors which contribute to the person needing healthcare or the social factors which must be taken into account when deciding how to deliver healthcare? What is the actual title?
  • Options
    its too hard to explain but yes social factors which contribute to the person needing healthcare
    :)
  • Options
    OK, well in that case it is probably going to come down to poverty a lot, and you could think about that in terms of social groups which are disproportionately vulnerable to poverty, e.g. along the lines of age, gender race/ethnicity. You could talk about the increasing polarisation of western society (the poor get poorer and the rich get richer), and about how the poorer you are the higher is the percentage of your income you are obliged to spend on food, but how the nutritional value of the diet decreases.

You could mention that the tendency to concentrate medical services in fewer, larger centres makes them less accessible to those from lower socio-economic groups meaning that they are less likely to see a doctor even when ill, obtain less information (prevention), and are less likely to make use of health resources like family planning, ante-natal and immunisation.

I have no idea if that`s any use to you or not.