Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

GF troubles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I'm having a big crisis with my gf. Last week we nearly booked ourselves a holiday in Greece but there was a problem meaning we couldn't, we had a great time together, there didn't seem to be a problem. I went back to uni and she was being really nice to me still. Then on Sunday she tells me she doesn't want to go on holiday with me and that she fancies another lad. She doesn't know what to do though, stay with me or go with the other bloke, it's really deflated me and I don't know what to do next. We are still going out with each other and I really want to make it work. What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    How long have you been together?

How old are you both?

How often do you see each other?

Now that you know this can you put your finger on her acting strange lately?

Do you know this other man?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    How long have you been together?

How old are you both?

How often do you see each other?

Now that you know this can you put your finger on her acting strange lately?

Do you know this other man?

We've been together 5 months.

We see each other nearly every day when I'm away from uni but when I'm there maybe a weekend every two weeks

She wasn't acting strange until the Sunday night, she was really quiet on the phone, barely talking but before then she seemed fine.

I think I do know who the man is. He's been trying it on with her for ages. Not sure if it is him. It could be a few blokes because she is pretty popular.
  • Options
    Oh she's 17 and I'm 19
  • Options
    Don't matter it's over now!
  • Options
    What happened?

From the sound of it (sorry to say) she snogged or got with this man on the friday night - Felt guilty and confused hence the quiet talk saturday, then decided to let you know she "likes" someone else afterwards.

Probably for the best in the long run mate. Chin up.
  • Options
    What have you finished?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    What happened?

From the sound of it (sorry to say) she snogged or got with this man on the friday night - Felt guilty and confused hence the quiet talk saturday, then decided to let you know she "likes" someone else afterwards.

Probably for the best in the long run mate. Chin up.

Just been out for a walk. Yeah your story will probably be true and it probably will be best in the long run. I love her loads though, she was the best thing ever to happen to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Macca

I love her loads though, she was the best thing ever to happen to me.

When I was 18 I got with this 16 year old. We dated till I was 19 she was 17 and it went tits up. At the time I thought she was the best thing to happen to me. I soon realised she wasn't! My judgement had been clouded. I then spent 5 fantastic years dating various girls from all walks of life and having fun. Getting into easy going relationships that when I was younger would have probably turned too serious like the first one. Now older and wiser the girl is fantastic. The old ones don't even compare.

So chin up mate. Right now you feel this way in 4 years you'll look back and be happy that it turned out the way it did.
  • Options
    Yeah your probably right. I'm coping alright so far, I know that won't last for long. I'm going meeting her now. Talk things through. Speak to you all later. Thanks Sir Cum