Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Prom Date!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, Something a bit more trivial compared to my last (deleted) post!

Okay so, I had originally planned to go to the prom with my "soulmate" but now... he has a gf....so stuff that idea!

Anyways, another guy mate I've been in love with for two yrs, has just become single...

We flirt all the time, and are generally lush together... he was asking questions about prom, askin who i was goin with and said that i'd look hot in a gothic gown etc
I wanted to go with him last year, but someone got there first... should I go for it this year?

Blessed Be x

Comments

• Options
    maybe if you lived in america....
    do proms really mean anything in england?
    for my schools 6th form leavers ball, everyone turning up in groups of mates anyway.

jus a thought
  • Options
    worth bursting my *happy* bubble!

yes, it's a 6th form ball, but i call it prom! and it is a datey thingy!

help! (please?)
  • Options
    yeah go for it! The longer you leave it, the more chance there is of someone getting there before you...

Good luck :)
  • Options
    go for it. And if you don't get him, I'll be only too happy to go with you. Go get him girl!!!

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Ask him to go with you if it will make you happy. :)
  • Options
    Ask him! Just because you to to a prom together doesn't mean that you have to marry this man, it also doesn't mean you have to become a couple!
  • Options
    Just go with him, but if you've been in love with him for two years why do a thread so mad about that other guy going out with your mate?
  • Options
    Re: Prom Date!
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Anyways, another guy mate I've been in love with for two yrs, has just become single...

We flirt all the time, and are generally lush together... he was asking questions about prom, askin who i was goin with and said that i'd look hot in a gothic gown etc

This question almost answers itself- sorted !
    Why not ask him he seems to want to go-
  • Options
    In my experience prom's are a waste of time - and more importantly money!

Last year i really wanted to take a girl who i really liked but a mate got there first and i ended up going with another girl who hadnt got her "first choice" either! The only time dates spent time together was for the photo at the start of the night and that was it! For the rest of the night everyone just hung around with there mates and flirted with other peoples "dates"

But if you like this guy, just ask him. Your prom might actually be good!
  • Options
    At mine, I went with this girl I acrually fancied but was too scared to ever do anything about it properly. Ah well...

But yeah, clearly you should go for this!