Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

After A Break Up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:(

As many of you know I've broken up with Laura. Anyway, today, monday, I tried to be friends. But it's like, she doesn't care or something I don't know. I mean she has put herself right back in the field and seems to be unnafected. I walk home with her everyday but she didn't wait for me today. :(

She said she would be crushed if she couldnt be friends. I'll call her later....

Comments

• Options
    maybe she needs time. or thinks that you need time to get used to the fact that you're not together anymore. Sometimes if the routine just continues it's much harder for a breakup to actually be a friendly one.
    If you want to stay friends I'd suggest not seeing her (except when you have to in school obviously) for a while, and hopefully after a bit it will be okay. It's harder to be successful friends if you try and keep the same level straight after a breakup...
  • Options
    LOL This is girls all over. Get used to it mate.

They say thing to help them out AT THAT TIME.

So in the midst of your breakup, to make things easier on her or the situation she played the "We can still be friends" card. Then she went home and spoke to Mummy/Read her girlie mag and discovered she should avoid all contact with you and offer her goods around the new prospective customers.

Oh well.
  • Options
    well it was just the way... i don't know, she seemed so happy today....

i know i should be happy she is happy but it makes me feel miserable that she doesn't really care :(
  • Options
    I'm gonna go with a hunch and say she didnt wait for you because she feels awkward and that's fair enough. The two of you have broken up and being alone together so soon after is going to be difficult. Give her time, once she's had breathing space, the two of you will be friends again. It also looks like you need a break too. Realise that she's not doing this to harm you in any way, rather, she just doesnt know what else to do right now!
    Good luck with it hun,
    -Lady T
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    well it was just the way... i don't know, she seemed so happy today....

i know i should be happy she is happy but it makes me feel miserable that she doesn't really care :(

Most girls are heartless mate once it comes to cutting ties. Learn from this. Spend the next 6 years having no strings attached "fuck girls minds" PROTECTED sex and then when you've had some booty get into the frame of mind where you can balance emotions and rational thinking. Putting yourself in such a grand position that you can share and reveal your emotions and feelings but if things go arse upwards you can turn of the emotional tap dripping from your nose.
  • Options
    A mutual friend (who is also a girl :rolleyes:) has been supportive but she can only be there some of the time. My male mates don't have a clue to be honest. So I have one friend who understands and I can't spend much time with her. Shite.

I can't get new friends because... I can't is the simple answer...
  • Options
    Sorry hun! Just leave things be, let them cool off *hugs*
  • Options
    Well, is there anyone you can talk to online or nething? At least that way you'll have someone you can talk to/email when things get tough and theres no1 else you can go 2.
    -Lady T
  • Options
    Yep I’d agree with Sir Cum, It’s a dog eat dog world out there, And them bitches have real shape teeth!:p

Live and learn, don’t become bitter about it, just know that some girls are a tad merciless when dealing with your feelings. It might make you stronger.
  • Options
    Re: After A Break Up
    :(

As many of you know I've broken up with Laura. Anyway, today, monday, I tried to be friends. But it's like, she doesn't care or something I don't know. I mean she has put herself right back in the field and seems to be unnafected. I walk home with her everyday but she didn't wait for me today. :(

She said she would be crushed if she couldnt be friends. I'll call her later....

Okay. I'm gonna suggest that you try not to talk to her for a few days.

Basically, if you go on like this, you will eventually force her away from you. She's broken up with you, and before you can be friends with her, you need to accept that.

You *aren't* going to accept the break up if you try to carry on as if nothing has happened. Trust me on this, I've been there enough times to know.

You're still in love with her right now, you even say so in your signature that appears on each post you put in here. You wont be able to move on to being friends with her until you get over that.

As a friend, you can't be getting upset each time you don't walk home with her, or over the fact that her way of dealing with breaking up is to move onto someone else.

Leave it for a while. It's a lot easier in time. Also it will make her feel better because it wont seem as though you are as dependant on her any more, which may mean that she is less reluctant to talk.
  • Options
    Awww I'm sorry love, I know you really liked her. The thing is everytime you posted on TheSite about her it was always something she had done/ had said that was making you feel miserable. That is hardly a good place to be is it?

I knowit hurts now, but I think you will see in time that you are better off. You seem like such a lovely kid, and she just didn't seem able to handle that. It always seemed kind of one sided to me I'm afraid. You will make someone very happy one day, but not Laura, who it seems wanted something different from a relationship, or not a relationship at all. She doesn't seem mature enough to handle one to be honest!!

When you break up with someone you cannot expect things to be the same because they aren't. Being friends is just something people say. Most of the time they don't mean they want to hang out with you, they just mean they don't want to fight with you or be hostile to you should they bump into you!
  • Options
    lucky escape

plain and simple.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    im gonna agree with what alot of people have already said. give her time, she'll come around. the break up (although she instigated it) is hard for her too. let her cope in her own way.

take care sweetie and if you need to PM you know where i am.
    xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    im gonna agree with what alot of people have already said. give her time, she'll come around. the break up (although she instigated it) is hard for her too. let her cope in her own way.

take care sweetie and if you need to PM you know where i am.
    xx
    I don't agree. From what I read of this Laura girl she wasn't very nice to shyboy at all! She always made him feel like shit so I don't think she could have been hurting too much.
  • Options
    Laura is nice, I mean you couldn't ask for a better friend she is so considerate. I think her major failing as a girlfriend (I don't mean to critisize her but...) was that she wasn't very dedicated to the relationship, dind't put much in. That's why I felt like shit a lot of the time because I didn't see her. Then when she did dump me she did it really nicely, saying im the nicest, sweetest guy she knows (yea right hehe) but she jsut doesn't feel the same way she did when she started seeing me.

I'm going through like a cascade at the moment. One moment I'll be good and think "oh yea we are going to be good mates :D!" and the next ill by "Oh my god :crying: I've lost her".

But half the reason I felt sad was because I forced myself to feel sad. When she first finished with me I started laughing and she thought I was going crazy (maybe I was but the day before I asked someone and they said don't worry about it at all she's in love with me) and we spent the rest of the date together.

Then on the weekend I was packing away stuff that reminded me of her cos I thought it would be better not to have it on display anymore, and I broke down and started crying.

But now I feel uplifted and horny :confused:

should I be happy or wary that I'll go through another mood swing?
  • Options
    To be honest you're just describing rather classic symptoms of what happens after a breakup. Expect a few more mood swings.
  • Options
    mood swings have stopped, i was close to going onto one but then I thought about how sexy other girls are (groovaybaby especially hehe) and I sorta just got horny rather than depressed, then hugged two girls simultaneously (seems im in demand) which has been a big ego boost.

Anyway a mutual friend called Adele told me that Laura may be being avoidant a little bit because she is not over me hehe...

Well, since I'm not that bothered since I'm over her kinda (well her avoiding me is like being avoided by a mate - not nice) I'm going to give her a little time to work things out.

I think she expected me to be depressed for longer, and was enjoying being the 'happy' one. I don't see why we can't both be happy, but that's how things go I suppose....

I'm happy :D
  • Options
    I haven't been on TheSite for a few days so only just read this - and I'm sorry ShyBoy that it's over but also very glad you're happy now :)

You seem to be on the right track - there are plenty more fish in the sea, you can have fun without her, you don't need her etc.

Let me offer just one piece of advice - just DON'T try to be really great friends with her straight away. It will make it sooo messy, as other members have said in this post. Give her space, and give yourself space, and with time it'll be less awkward and you'll be able to get on well again.

Good luck, huge hugs :) and keep smiling!!
  • Options
    I think she saw the light.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eddr
    I think she saw the light.
    Ouch. Harsh! Shurrup if you don' have anything helpful to say!
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day

Ouch. Harsh! Shurrup if you don' have anything helpful to say!
    Perhaps it was his arrogance? :p

You're better off without each other!
  • Options
    why did you break up?
  • Options
    Sounds like ur back to havin' fun with other girlies... or least enjoying the attention they give! and if not that, ur in denial about ur true feelin's! but i have to say, i think u need 2 play the field a lil, enjoy whats out there, and most of all...HAVE FUN! :D
    -Lady T
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    Sounds like ur back to havin' fun with other girlies... or least enjoying the attention they give! and if not that, ur in denial about ur true feelin's! but i have to say, i think u need 2 play the field a lil, enjoy whats out there, and most of all...HAVE FUN! :D
    -Lady T

Care to join me? :naughty::p
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    -Lady T

Care to join me? :naughty::p

Oh and blonde_batman - we broke up after she told me, really nicely, that she just didnt feel the same. She planned it actually, was quite nice knowing she had gone to all the trouble..

She also said that I'm the sweetest and most generous guy she knows :) and she still cares for me a lot but she just doesn't feel the same way she did when we first started going out.
  • Options
    Care to join me?:naughty::p
    LOL I've already joined ya hun! i'm wayyy into the flirting field!
    :p:D
    - Lady T
  • Options
    I think I'm turning into a headfuck. Hehe I just remembered I went to hug her today and we hugged then afterwards she said "there" because I said something about just being mates and she was saying we could be mates and anyway... then she went to hold my hand. She didn't, but I must admit I felt a little bit of triumph at confusing her.... :D

I like the power :(
  • Options
    I think I'm turning into a headfuck. Hehe I just remembered I went to hug her today and we hugged then afterwards she said "there" because I said something about just being mates and she was saying we could be mates and anyway... then she went to hold my hand. She didn't, but I must admit I felt a little bit of triumph at confusing her.... :D

I like the power :(

Thas to be expected! sure u feel triumph! its like, she dumped you yet you just got confirmation that she isnt over you yet. And you definitely know she isnt repulsed by you or nething cause she went 2 hold your hand! Bask in the glory but dont neglect your need 2 move on and HAVE FUN!
    - Lady T
  • Options
    I think I'm turning into a headfuck.

:yes: