Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fidelity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Ive been thinking about this lately too :) I guess the best thing is to experiment while your young, then when you find someone you are sure about stick with them.
  • Options
    Re: Fidelity
    Originally posted by candy
    I am having severe fidelity issues at the mo.

Can you really be truly happy with one person forever?
    Isn't it just denying all of your natural instincts by being faithful?
    Surely variety is the spice of life?

Wouldn't it be easier if people could just be with who they want, when they want instead of being tied down to one relationship?

:confused::confused:

When you find the right person this attitude will change.
  • Options

Wouldn't it be easier if people could just be with who they want, when they want instead of being tied down to one relationship?

Depends what you mean by "being with who they want". If you mean sexually, then it's quite possible to be sexually involved with numerous people whilst you're in a relationship. Lots of people do that, and there's nothing wrong provided both people in the realtionship and the other sexual partners are ok with it.

If you're talking about a more emotional kind of being with someone else, though, then you probably need to consider if you're getting everything that you want from your current relationship, or if you're at the right stage in your life to be commiting to one person.

Yes it would probably be easier if people could just be with whoever, but then that kind of existence excludes the benefits that you can get by wholly commiting to one person.
  • Options
    I am having severe fidelity issues at the mo.
    Then you are in the wrong relationship.
    Can you really be truly happy with one person forever?
    Yes, many people are. Millions of people are!
    Isn't it just denying all of your natural instincts by being faithful?
    That would depend what your natural instincts are. Many would argue that it is in our nature to simply spread our own genes. In which case you are going against your natural instincts. However, I don't agree with this.
    You can be with who you want to be with! Nobody is making you stay in any relationship you don't want to be in! What is stopping you being with who you want to be with? :confused:
    I don't see being in a loving and caring relationship as being "tied down".

I agree with Sir Cum that once you are in the right relationship you will change your mind pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Fidelity
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

When you find the right person this attitude will change.

:yes:
  • Options
  • Options
    message from 2 peeps at 1 time-impressive!

if you're having that much trouble being faithful then maybe they're not the right person ! (that was a message from the silly string as well as cute baby bear! :)