Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The board and the war

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

well, the war has started, for better or worse, and emotions run high in all camps, and that is no doubt going to be reflected on this politics board.

So I'd like to ask a few things of you all to keep this board the great place it's become.

Please, no large images. They make the threads slow to load, and are often inappropriate. If you have pictures you want people to see, please use links to the original source, and maybe an explanation of what they are, and why you want them to be seen. I'll only delete them, so don't bother.

Please, no large cut-and-pasted articles. This should be about *your* thoughts and opinions. Again, you're welcome to link to the articles you think should be read. And again, I'll cut posts and close threads if people are doing this.

Please no racism. There's no place for that anywhere in the world, and definitely not here. Wars are about leaders and politicians, not peoples. This goes for anti-American, anti-Arab, anti-French, anti-Muslim, anti-whatever sentiment. This is a important principle of the board, and I'll ban people very quickly.

And lastly, just try to keep to attacking people's arguments and ideas, not the people themselves. Recently the board has been great at this, I've hardly had to rear my ugly head at all. If you're attacked personally, just try to let it go, let me handle that person, it's a bannable offence. It's easy to get sucked into flame wars, and then this place just becomes no use to anyone.

Thanks in advance,

BB :)

Comments

• Options
    Good point Ben. Better make this a sticky thread.

Can we be a bit naughty about our dear leaders though? ;)
  • Options
    good idea, Al

and as for our leaders, I say they're fair targets. and of course they're welcome to come on and defend themselves...
  • Options
    Do you think Dubya knows how to use a computer? ;)
  • Options
    He's only learned enough to press the "Start" button. Beyond that, keep your head down! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I especially like the no anti-American one. :rolleyes:

And I rethought posting I'll be dipped in Shiite. Even though it was a positive response to a Shiite Cleric saying the war is just.

And Big Ben did you know a helicopter rented by the sun flew over you and Parliament WHILE Parliament was in session...don't worry a farmer drove around barricades and police in Washington D.C. and into the reflecting pond to protest policies that hurt tobacco sales. Death does too I'd think. *coughs* :crazyeyes
  • Options
    They should have blown it up, a much more constructive task for our army........
  • Options
    *shakes finger* No. No. No. Toadborg. You have to be the collegeman adult with the well thought-out responses that make me feel guilty for posting something too emotional. :p
  • Options
    the war has just started and personally i hope its goin to end soon...but do ne of u see the point of two of the worlds strongest powers starting a war which the UN and pretty much the rest of the world are against....will this do nething for UK and USA???

another thought is wat if this turns into another vietnam....then wat?
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    *shakes finger* No. No. No. Toadborg. You have to be the collegeman adult with the well thought-out responses that make me feel guilty for posting something too emotional. :p

It is something about the right-wing press, they make me more angry than anything else.........:mad: ;)
  • Options
    Re: The board and the war
    Originally posted by big ben
    Hi everyone,

well, the war has started, for better or worse, and emotions run high in all camps, and that is no doubt going to be reflected on this politics board.

So I'd like to ask a few things of you all to keep this board the great place it's become.

Please, no large images. They make the threads slow to load, and are often inappropriate. If you have pictures you want people to see, please use links to the original source, and maybe an explanation of what they are, and why you want them to be seen. I'll only delete them, so don't bother.

Please, no large cut-and-pasted articles. This should be about *your* thoughts and opinions. Again, you're welcome to link to the articles you think should be read. And again, I'll cut posts and close threads if people are doing this.

Please no racism. There's no place for that anywhere in the world, and definitely not here. Wars are about leaders and politicians, not peoples. This goes for anti-American, anti-Arab, anti-French, anti-Muslim, anti-whatever sentiment. This is a important principle of the board, and I'll ban people very quickly.

And lastly, just try to keep to attacking people's arguments and ideas, not the people themselves. Recently the board has been great at this, I've hardly had to rear my ugly head at all. If you're attacked personally, just try to let it go, let me handle that person, it's a bannable offence. It's easy to get sucked into flame wars, and then this place just becomes no use to anyone.

Thanks in advance,

BB :)

You got sergant hardass, only joking, sounds spot-on :D