Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this where my taxes are going?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,43-2003121649,00.html

All I ask of my local council is that they empty the bins, make sure the roads are driveable and fill the library with books. So why is council tax money being wasted of stupid debates on new ways to offend people. I don't really feel the need to pay a councillor's wage if all she is going to do is sit on her arse thinking of how best to annoy people.

Don't they have anything better to do?

Comments

• Options
    this kind of silliness is going on in the US too. There's been a big reaction against it. That's why the Fox Network got so big here because people are sick of the silly PC stuff. Some PC stuff is a good idea.
  • Options
    Really many council services would be best run in the private sector.

But outlawing hot cross buns because someone might get offended? :lol:
  • Options
    Re: Is this where my taxes are going?
    Originally posted by Captain Slog

Don't they have anything better to do?

What, you mean like actually improving the services they provide to local people instead of blowing their money in new and staggeringly pointless ways? Why would they want to do that?
  • Options
    before everyone gets really offended i should point out that the S*n has a history of exxagerating (to the point of inventing) stories about things they don't like.

I will try and find the article (from the Guardian :lol: wouldn't want to stereotype readers of different papers, i can think of an appropriate one for S*n readers) published by a European body of all the tabloid stories about European regulations that were completely exxagerated to the point where they were unrecognisable from the truth...........

I seriously bet this is another one.........