Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Another pill question *groan*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Rite bascially, can u get pregnant on the pill if u have had unprotected sex and forgot the take the pill the day before?

The story is...

I forgot to take the pill the day before and took it after the 12 hours u can take it, (it was about 15 hours) then i had unprotected sex, stupid i know, u dont have to flame me for that. anyways... i've still been taken the pill but its just kinda worrying me. I'll prob talk to my sister later about it but i just thought i'd ask u guys before hand.

Comments

• Options
    If you took your pill more than 12 hours late and then had unprotected sex, then yes, it is possible to get pregnant. Try not to worry too much though. Wait until the end of your pack and see if you come on your period. But if it has been within 72 hours since you had unprotected sex, go to the doctors and get the morning after pill. :)
  • Options
    if you've been on the pill for a while, it's not that likely.

taking the pill makes lots of changes happen in your body so that it becomes near impossible to have a baby. missing one pill is not going to reverse all these changes in a day.

"ooh, she missed one, ovulate, quick, quick"

it takes my body a good 4 days to realise i stopped taking them and it's time to bleed.

if you wanted to be more sure, you could take the morning after pill.

i know i should say that you should take your pill EVERY day to be protected, but to be honest, if you got pregnant after only missing one you'd be pretty unlucky...
  • Options
    Ok thanks you two, i was just worried. :)
  • Options
    Ring up Brook Advisory for accurate advice from the professionals. If you missed a pill and then had sex then it is possible you could become pregnant.

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023
This discussion has been closed.