Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how much do u eat in a day?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Girl_gunner..... STOP!!

Trust me, you don't want to start the 'no breakfast, no lunch, loses weight' scheme. I did. 6 months down the line and I'm on the verge of being referred to a doctor/dietician because I'm on the verge of a full blown eating disorder. And you don't want it. It is so hard, I thought it would be great not eating, I mean it would stop me eating so I would lose weight, but its made me miserable, trying to make myself sick, planning how I can get away with not eating my next meal without anyone realising. Finally admitted I had a problem and worried the two mates I told so much that they're as scared as I am. I have exams soon and I'm a wreck.

Don't do it. Take it from someone who knows. At least think about what I've said.
  • Options
    i have my healthy diet:

a yoghurt for breakfast. too lazy for cereal. at lunch ill scrounge off my mates for food. at dinner ill have a nice dinner - typical example last nice fish and chips. then for supper ill probably have seconds, or cook myself something (like burgers)

It's s tasty. I want a steak now :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by genie_the_genius
    Girl_gunner..... STOP!!

Trust me, you don't want to start the 'no breakfast, no lunch, loses weight' scheme. I did. 6 months down the line and I'm on the verge of being referred to a doctor/dietician because I'm on the verge of a full blown eating disorder. And you don't want it. It is so hard, I thought it would be great not eating, I mean it would stop me eating so I would lose weight, but its made me miserable, trying to make myself sick, planning how I can get away with not eating my next meal without anyone realising. Finally admitted I had a problem and worried the two mates I told so much that they're as scared as I am. I have exams soon and I'm a wreck.

Don't do it. Take it from someone who knows. At least think about what I've said.

i completely agree.

and if you dont end up with an eating disorder, as soon as you start to eat 'normally' youll put all the weight youve lost back on... not to mention that youre body needs vitamins, proteins etc for growth and repair...
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more. I'm a firm beleiver in eating breakfst every day. ( i sound like my mom) I always feel really tired and grumpy if i don't eat breakfast. My only problem is all i seem to eat is crisps. I think i'm addicted to them!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    Envy to Faith and Scrumpy Jack!

This is what I'm based on most days:

Breakfast:
    - Porridge or two pices of bread + jam
    - 2 glasses of water
    - 1 cup of coffee
    - 2 oranges

Lunch:
    - Cheese sandwiches, using 3 or 4 slices of bread
    - 2 glasses of water

Supper:
    - E.g. pasta, potato salad or pizza
    - 2 glasses of water

Snackings:
    - Another 5 glasses of water (10 or 11 a day in total)
    - A banana or yoghurt, every couple of days
    - A choclate bar once a week
    - Two cups of tea, in addition to my breakfast coffee (three hot drinks a day)

Exercise:
    - Walk 3 miles a day. Every day.
    - Clubbing in weekends, usually dancing for 7 hours.

Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 12 stone

I can't say that I eat too much or exercise too little. Obviously, my metabolism has a screw loose.

But do you drink alcohol?
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    But do you drink alcohol?

12 units a week on average - Well within the recommended government limit of 21 units for ladies and 28 for men. Each unit is approximately 100 calories.
  • Options
    Heres what I eat per day :

Breakfast - 2x bowl of cereal (Ricicles)

Mid Morning snack (11ses) - 1x pack or crisps

Lunch - Cooked meal e.g Beef stew or curry

Dinner - Proper meal e.g pasta or spagetti

Supper - 1x toast

Exercise - swimming 3x per week
    Football every day
    Squash 1x per week
    (Overall about 6 hours per week)

Height - 6 feet 2 inches

Weight - 13 stone

Is there any danger of being overweight or underweight in this diet?
  • Options
    It varies depending on my appetite, hormones and mood. I used to be able to eat loads and never put on any weight. A few years ago I had depression and then glandular fever so I was probably underweight, but then I became addicted to chips and cheese. :( I put on about a stone, but that was inevitable because I was well again. But I also felt so unhealthy, so now I like to eat healthily (most of the time. ahem.).

Breakfast: Cup of tea, toast and honey or a bowl of cereal and a banana.

Snack: Fruit. Lots of fruit. Water.

Lunch: Salad or tuna cob or jacket potato and a yoghurt. Some more fruit. Water. Today I made myself pasta with chicken and peppers.

Dinner: Pasta, rice, salad, meat and potatoes, jacket potato - A homely, filling meal. Water or fruit juice. I had a greek salad with cibatta bread tonight.

Pudding: I try not to have chocolate bars or pastry for pudding anymore and have fruit or a go ahead bar instead, but sometimes my dad makes or buys delicious cakes and abuses my lack of will power! Damn him....

I have to have at least five portions of fruit and veg a day. Everyone laughs because I'm always eating fruit. But eating the real thing is better than pumping yourself with vitamin c tablets. I only take evening primrose oil and cod liver oil tablets.

I find when I'm with my friends is when I eat junk because drinking and eating crap afterwards just goes together. Ahh well, everyone is allowed a few vices.
  • Options
    I eat less than average.

Breakfast-half of a bagel
    Lunch- pizza and sun chips
    Snack- jelly beans(yum yum yum), vanilla coke
    Dinner- 1 cheeseburger
  • Options
    When Im shedding fat this is my diet, when Im bulking up and adding muscle in winter I eat about 1.5x as much!

All your diets are awful!

Breakfast:

1 1/2 servings of Oatmeal 250 calories
    50 grams of Whey Protein 250 calories
    Two Glasses Of Water

total: 500 calories,

meal two:

30 grams of Whey Protein 150 calories
    One heaping Spoonful of a mixture of Flax Seed Oil and Safflower Oil - 150 calories A glass of water

total: 300 calories,
    meal three pre workout

a baked or steamed sweet potato 115 calories
    small tossed green salad with safflower oil 185 calories
    baked chicken breast 200 calories
    two tall glasses of water

total 500 calories,

meal four post workout meal

sugar 250 calories
    50 grams of whey protein 250 calories

2 grams of vitamin c
    multivitamin/mineral

2-4 tall glasses of water

total 500 calories,

Meal Five

Lean Tri-Tip Steak - 300 calories
    Steamed Spinach - 100 calories
    glass of ice water

total 400 calories

Meal Six

30 grams of Whey Protein - 150 calories
    One Spoonful of A mixture of Flax Seed Oil and Safflower Oil - 150 calories
    A glass of water

total: 300 calories
    Total is 2, 500 calories
  • Options
    today i have eaten quite badly, i think mainly because it's a sunday - we have one 'main' meal of the day, and tend to just snack either side of it.

I have eaten:

For lunch: (i didn't get up till 1.30)
    Garlic bread
    two creme caramels

For dinner:
    Prawn thai curry with plain rice and naan bread.

I've also eaten a satsuma, a banana and a packet of hula hoops today. And drunk about 3 glasses of water. And i'm about to get another satsuma and glass of water, then go to bed.

Normally though, my diet goes:

Breakfast:
    Pastry and apple, cup of black coffee with many sugars, all from the café on the way into college

Lunch:
    Chicken/ham sandwich (no butter), bottle of cranberry and blackcurrant ribena

Snack (at about 4.30)
    Toast with ham, something like that

Dinner (anytime between 8-10pm)
    Something healthy and balanced - carbs, vitamins, protein, bit of fat.
    Probably a piece of fruit.

I don't think i eat too badly, but it could do with being better!
  • Options
    Breakfast:

Cornflakes with chocolate drops or crunchy nut cornflakes, piece of toast, piece of fruit, cup of tea, muffin/something sweet

Mid morning:

Baguete, usually tuna and cucumber

Lunch:

Varies - usually something like pasta, or chicken, with lots of salad

Afternoon snack (if not going for a work out):

Sandwich, cup of tea, a biscuit

Post-workout snack:

Either a protein shake, or a can of tuna, rice, bit of pasta sauce with tobasco and tomatoes on top

Dinner:

Uusally an Indian meal - lentils, pulses, vegetables, but tonite had pasta with soya mince (due to veggys)

Pudding:

Fruit, ice-cream

Bob-e : ur diet sounds like one of those you'd find in a magazine lol
  • Options
    The problem is that although eating a really healthy diet may well increase your life span it also saps most of the enjoyment out of the life that you do have. As Jeramy Hardy said;
    "you may decide that if living longer means eating rice cakes then you'd rather chow down on both barrells of a 12 bor shotgun"
  • Options
    Originally posted by scrumpyjack2000
    I eat like a pig, yet im only 10stone, fairly skinny and never put on weight. Guess i have a high metabolism.

Breakfast= nutrigrain bar
    snack= crisps, jaffa cakes, sandwich,chocolate bar
    lunch=crisps,sandwiches, 2xchoc bars, apple, orange
    snack= cake, yoghurt
    dinner= big meal like pasta and meat and veg
    pudding= ice cream/chocolate
    snack= chocolate bar/something sweet
    supper= crisps/pork pies

Hmmm, i tink i eat too much.

i dont know whether you are male or female but i also eat this much, and weigh the same, and im female and also 5'10" so that is a good weight for my height...

problem being tho that when you read cosmo or something u see that women complain with eating like a family size bag of doritios in one sitting - i can do that and not gain weight :S i suppose i have a high metabolism or something - i just consumed 7 stawberry alpen bars *drools* in the last hour and im still hungry

oh well..

love ya xx
  • Options
    Your weight doesnt mean your healthy, the diet you described does contain a lot of fat, just because you dont gain weight doesnt mean that the fat isnt doing you some harm, and all that salt.
  • Options
    Well I'm abit of a weirdo when it comes to food, I (like most teenagers) feel alot of preasure to be slim, i admitt though i do take this too the extreme. I sometimes (ok alot of the time) let food control me, and base how happy i am on how much ive eaten. Therefore i go through days of eating not more than a sandwhich for dinner and thats it all day, while drinking lots of water and tea to fill me up. I continue this for a few weeks, then sometimes i just think stuff it, and eat properly, but feel guilty for days. Which is crazy, and if i saw someone i loved doing this id do something to encourage them other wise. Our brains need food to oporate properly. It doesnt matter if u dont always feel hungry by missing meals, on the inside u r doing urself damage if u arent eating regually. Food isnt the enermy! :)
  • Options
    this is what i had yesterday, which is basically what i always have!

Breakfast - normally an orange juice and a banana

Lunch - two bread rolls with turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato and pineapple

snack - mini mnm's, jelly

Dinner - Pad thai chicken stir fry with rice stick noodles - mostly all vegies.

Dessert - a milky way

But i do a lot of exercise, so sometimes i have a little more!
  • Options
    orange juice and poached egg on toast for brekkie (if im awake before midday!!!)

salad and something sandwich for lunch

then a meal in the evening

Mind you, i dont eat a thing from friday lunch time til monday morning--im usually to hungover/coming down to stomach food all weekend.... very unhealthy! :rolleyes:

Im 5foot 5 and 8stone which apparantly is a healthy weight for my height but i def dont feel healthy! :confused:
  • Options
    Breakfast: orange juice and coco pops
    Snack: kitkat and juice
    Lunch: Sandwich,chocolate biscuit,crisps and juice
    Snack: crsips,chocolate
    Dinner: A healthy meal normally with a yogurt/fruit

Hmmm...think i eat too much junk food
  • Options
    Thing is though, the people who eat very little are the ones who tend to fill the gap with junkfood or thats the way it seems anyway.

Brekkie- 2 weetabix + skimmed milk, 2 slice wholemeal toast

Lunch - Jacket potato + tuna and salad ( although i do have salad cream)

Dinner - depends on what i'm doing. Pasta if i'm running/netball, steak and veg or salad if i'm not.

I eat pretty healthily most of the time although i'm pretty relaxed about my diet and if i fancy something i'll have it. I exercise quite a bit so i'm burning it off most of the time. Plus i can't eat fried foods as my stomach isnt really able to digest the fat very well.

Weight 8 1/2 stone.
  • Options
    I used to be really bad and only eat one cooked meal a day and just eat bags and bags of sweets for dinner, I used to weigh 9 Stone for a long time and I was around 5"8ish and like a stick.

Since getting out the army (2000) I've finally put on some weight, I'm now around 11 stone and 5"11 which I'm happy with.

My usual daytime pickings go along the lines of:

Breakfast - Danish Pastries (or) Foot Long Subway
    Lunch - Something Cooked (ie. Lasagne)
    Dinner - Something Cooked (ie. Spag Bol/Stirfry)

I usually drink about 2ltrs of Coke a day as well, sometimes with 1ltr of fruit juice or milkshake.

I don't exercise (except in clubs) and find if I do have a night out at one of the clubs on the weekend then my eating kinda halts for 2 days or so, usually due to stimulant drugs...
  • Options
    Hmmmm what do I eat :chin:

Breakfast - Apple or sumit like that

Dinner - Usually a salard box or a chinese chicken baguette!!

Tea time - Pasta, Salard, stuff like that! Healthy stuff :rolleyes:

Bed time - Glass on milk!! Lol :lol:

If Im hungry inbetween meals I usually have either some fruit or bread! Mmmm I love soft, thick white bread :yum:

*runs downstairs to kitchen to get bread*
  • Options
    Yes , white bread is very tasty.
  • Options
    I have bran flakes for breakfast every day with a few raisins and a chopped up bannana included

For lunch...I either don't have anything or I have another bowl of bran flakes

For tea I have whatever my dad cooks which is always healthy, like chicken and lots of fresh veg like broccoli

If I'm hungry in between I eat fruit - I have a real thing for oranges at the mo' :yum:

But I never eat chocolate, crisps or sweets - I'm not boasting - I had (have) an eating disorder and eating that stuff does bad things for my mental state, so I find it better to just stay well away :no:
  • Options
    But even just by eating that I still feel like Im too big :(
  • Options
    amynoggle, I know what you mean about the crisps and sweets thing, i'm like that too, although I have put on ALOT of weight since those days.. a typical day for me would be;

Breakfast - Mullerice, banana

Lunch - Some sort of meat and salad sandwich or baguette

Dinner - Bowl of pasta with tomato sauce

I also drink alot of cups of tea and cans of diet coke and about 3 glasses of water, i have to constantly have something to drink with me, unfortunatly in the evenings thats usually a few glasses of wine.. :eek2: