Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

im quiting drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have decided to quit doing drugs after doing them for over a decade coz my head has come to the point where im going to self distruct. i havnt had anything since monday (i usualy smoke about an 8th a day or more if i have it and do pills and coke at tthe weekend).

but the thing that made me decide to quit was the caining i gave my body last weekend ( about 6 cans of stella, halve a litre of vodka, 9 pills and about a half ownce of draw). The come down i had from this is the worst i have had in over 7 years of doing pills, and i dont want to put myself through this again.

before when i was smoking all that puff, i couldnt talk propaly, i would stammer quite bad (like garath gates). but after 5 days without. i can tell the differance and i dont sound like a cripple.

but the thing is today i sat and watched crazyredeyes skinup and smoke a spliff, and i didnt even want any, wich is a first in about 4 or 5 years.

i feel so good about myself coz i now know i could do whithout, which is great.

but the thing is i cant sleep beacause i used puff to sleep for about the last 5 or 6 years.:) :)

i just wanted to share this coz i think it is a big step in sorting outmy life,

Comments

• Options
    oh dear oh dear oh dear!
    been there ...few times. best of luck.
  • Options
    good for you mate, well done, maybe you need to find another bedtime routine to help you sleep, cup of hot chocolate or hot milk or something usually has a soporific effect, so does a warm bath before bed. make sure you dont drink caffeine in the evening either.
  • Options
    Wel i posted this in anythign goes earlier with the intention of posting here aswell... and now i've found the perfect topic to slide it into, so hopefully no-one will notice.

I'm going to start quitting TODAY!
    Thats my decision, and i'm sticking to it!
    I've decided that i smoke far too much, and i really need to cut down.
    I stopped smoking cigerettes over 3 years ago, now only smoke roll-ups occasionaly (mainly sundays at roleplay) but the thing thats a bit more of a problem is that I now seem to be smoking J's over the rest of the week.
    I think the easiest thing to do would be start smoking roll-ups in the week, as thats going to be the cause of 95% of the craving, and it will have benifits (eg money, not spending so much time stoned etc) but I really don't like smoking tobacco, and don't believe in doing things by half measures anyway...
    So feck the easy thing, i'm just going to stop smoking in the week, and then toke guilt free at the weekend.

oh, please note this is a LONG way from saying i'm going to give up all drugs.
    your thoughts?
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Wel i posted this in anythign goes earlier with the intention of posting here aswell... and now i've found the perfect topic to slide it into, so hopefully no-one will notice.

I'm going to start quitting TODAY!
    Thats my decision, and i'm sticking to it!
    I've decided that i smoke far too much, and i really need to cut down.
    I stopped smoking cigerettes over 3 years ago, now only smoke roll-ups occasionaly (mainly sundays at roleplay) but the thing thats a bit more of a problem is that I now seem to be smoking J's over the rest of the week.
    I think the easiest thing to do would be start smoking roll-ups in the week, as thats going to be the cause of 95% of the craving, and it will have benifits (eg money, not spending so much time stoned etc) but I really don't like smoking tobacco, and don't believe in doing things by half measures anyway...
    So feck the easy thing, i'm just going to stop smoking in the week, and then toke guilt free at the weekend.

oh, please note this is a LONG way from saying i'm going to give up all drugs.
    your thoughts?

yep tahts pretty much my situation too, on thursday night i finished the last of my weed and couldnt get hold of any more on friday so i decided i was gonna go the whole weekend without having any. i found it suprisingly easy on friday night except i realised that i was smoking twice as many cigarettes to compensate so i decided i was gonna chuck the whole lot in for a bit and see what happens.

its only been 3 days but ive never felt so clearheaded.... my whole body feels new.... whenever i do things its like im doing them for the first time all over again. i was even excited about going to work today! its incredible i dont remember the last time i felt so good about everything.

i dont even smoke weed in the day, i just smoked it in large quantities every night..... i was spending about 50 quid a week on weed plus cigarettes too and i just decided it was too much.

its very hard to stay off the cigarettes but i managed to watch everyone smoking today at work in coffeebreaks and i didnt give in so if i can manage that i can manage anything as far as im concerned.....

as for the weed...... ive hardly missed it to be honest. im going to amsterdam in april where no doubt much drugs will be consumed but i plan to stay off weed until then.

as for cigarettes... never again. i shouldnt have started in the first place so theres no way im gonna start again.

on a slightly unrelated topic does anyone know a good alternative to tobacco for mixing in joints? im a little bit worried that when i do start smoking weed again (in moderation of course) ill get hooked on the tobacco again. which would be bad.
  • Options
    I think preaty much everyone goes though this, they reach a peak in their use and then decide to cut down, I really think that for 90% of people pills are self regulating.

Most people I know now just go out every now and again and get really mashed to make up for the fact they cant do it as often.
  • Options
    Re: im quiting drugs
    Originally posted by Type R
    i have decided to quit doing drugs after doing them for over a decade coz my head has come to the point where im going to self distruct. i havnt had anything since monday (i usualy smoke about an 8th a day or more if i have it and do pills and coke at tthe weekend).

He has done really well so far, considering the ammount he smokes too.

YAY BURT !!

:D
  • Options
    well, as an update:

The whole quitting in the week thing didn't go so well. Not a complete disaster, but i could definitly improve.

Well, next week will be more promising.

>keep telling myself that... must keep telling myself<