Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When it gets too much

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When everything in your world gets too much, and you get too stressed out and upset. What do you do?

Ideally I would take time out, but I can't because of coursework deadlines. Grrrr. Ahh my head I keep having headaches I'm worrying so much about everything and I always feel like I'm crying (for some reason I can't actually cry, i can just feel like I am crying) and I'm just depressed about no one thing in particular. Actually to be honest I feel a bit neglected....

Comments

• Options
    I know how you're feeling. Last year just before my GCSE's i felt like things couldn't get any worse for me. I like i didn't have anything in particular to be depressed about (apart from exam stress) so i didn't do a thing about it. That was my first mistake. Because i didn't do anything about it, i just fel worse and worse. Eventually i just broke down. I went into some kinda depressive state where all i would do is sit on my own cry. :(

My mum got so worried about me she had to get my dad involved (he doesn't live with me so for that to happen things had to be pretty serious). I just lost all interest in everything.

Once i had talked to my mam and dad about what was really on my mind, i kinda felt like a weight had been lifted off me. It took a while for me to get back to my usual self, but if i hadn't talked about my problems god knows what i might have done.

Anyway, my point is don't shy away from your feelings as they'll just get progressivly worse. If you talk about how you are feeling it's the first step to getting back to your usual self. If you're feeling neglected by your girlfriend/friends/family then talk to them about it. Trust me, it really does help. :)
  • Options
    wen it all gets to much i tend to cry and cut myself.
  • Options
    yeah but when i feel like that, i just roll myself a joint, get a comfy seat, stick on my favourtie songs and think about all the good things :D
  • Options
    go to your doctor they can really help even if you dont want anti depressants :)
  • Options
    Ok you shouldn't be working 24/7 as you need your sleep to go to school etc. Just build into your life a bit of free time to just lie back in the bath and chill out or chill out in your room to your favourite music. Try taking a walk - you could walk anywhere and then go back to studying. Studying isn't the most important thing in the world, your health is. However education is a good thing but you need time to relax too otherwise your work will suffer!!
  • Options
    I went through a similar sort of thing during my A-levels last year - just wanted to escape from it all, but couldn't because of all the revision I needed to do... but then couldn't concentrate on the revision cos I felt so bad!

Something my Psychology teacher suggested we do was use aromatherapy - and my (recently diagnosed as mildly depressed) mate's GP also suggested the same for him, before he went down the route of anti-depressants and the like...

Either try candles, or an oil burner with something nice and relaxing in... The one my teacher suggested was Sweet Orange oil (from The Body Shop) - apparently, it's good to use while you're studying as it keeps you calm and relaxed but also alert and helps you concentrate. Didn't work for everyone, but I think it helped me a bit! Might be worth a try :)
  • Options

Trust me its not worth it i used to that but then one day, i went a bit too far and i realised that what i was doing didnt really solve anything so now i just bottle it which some would say is even worse but it works
  • Options
    i dont do it that much anymore, i realised i dont need to, let it all flow over my head, why worry?

Tra la la la *skips*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    ..so now i just bottle it which some would say is even worse but it works

Only to a certain point.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by *Lisa*

im the same ... or i hit my hand off the wall. pain is good. but anyway shyboy ... this doesnt help you. take long walks to try and clear your head. set some time each day for "you" time and only do things that you want to do, even just an hour each night, watch ur fave tv programme, go and see laura.

take care sweetie xx