Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Once upon a time...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,724 Bot
...i was happy :crying: :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ...oh how i knew that feeling :(
  • Options
    aww Lacy what's wrong? :(
  • Options
    yes I was too. When i thought I wasn't just being played.
  • Options
    Yep. i think i remember being happy at some point in my life....
    whats up Lacy?
    hope your ok :(
  • Options
    erm.....I think most of us feel this way today Lacy :(
  • Options
    lets all be sad together :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've had a shite day too. Just pure shite.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samuti
    aww Lacy what's wrong? :(

I was thinking back to this time last year...

*I had more than 2 (close) mates

*I had a boyfriend here that could help me (i still have a good bf but he aint *here*)

*I was in school and all i had to worry bout was my exams. No worries about having no money to afford everything, or worrying about being unemployed.

*My family was normal

*I had things to look forward too...now i have nothing.

*I had more confidence...you try sitting at home by yourself day by day for 6 months, soon starts wearing you down.

Sorry im just feeling sorry for myself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

*I had more confidence...you try sitting at home by yourself day by day for 6 months, soon starts wearing you down.

You have just hit the nail on the head. This is your problem. You have got yourself into a routine and your right after 6 months you would be feeling well depressed.
    Try getting out more, do the things you used to, hopefully we will get the happy-go-lucky Lacy back :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

You have just hit the nail on the head. This is your problem. You have got yourself into a routine and your right after 6 months you would be feeling well depressed.
    Try getting out more, do the things you used to, hopefully we will get the happy-go-lucky Lacy back :)

Yeah i kinda figured that was it.

But its kinda hard when you have no money to go out, no one to go out with etc etc.
  • Options
    my whole world fell apart like that when my dad left. things just went from way up there, to way doooooooooown there. its not nice - being on anti depressants at 15 :( not good.

i couldnt get out of bed in the morning. was in a very bad state. it takes time im afraid, and thats my most hated word.
  • Options
    I know what you mean, look at me im stuck in all the time. I dont work, my best mate has moved away and I basically sometimes get the same feeling like you have at the moment.
    Your probably having a real shitty day, and feeling pretty low. So at this moment youre feeling worse than you would have 6 months ago, when you kinda did have a life. While your sat vegetating in the same surroundings you will feel like shit, so the only thing i can suggest is to maybe try to get out. What about doing a course of some sort, maybe make more friends while your at it, lets face it your very outgoing, witty so you should be able to get plenty of mates :)
    How about some sort of voluntary work? like a hospital or nursery sommat like that?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

Yeah i kinda figured that was it.

But its kinda hard when you have no money to go out, no one to go out with etc etc.

I could get you a job from 150miles away. Well, I could try :)
  • Options
    I know what you mean, look at me im stuck in all the time. I dont work, my best mate has moved away and I basically sometimes get the same feeling like you have at the moment.
    Your probably having a real shitty day, and feeling pretty low. So at this moment youre feeling worse than you would have 6 months ago, when you kinda did have a life. While your sat vegetating in the same surroundings you will feel like shit, so the only thing i can suggest is to maybe try to get out. What about doing a course of some sort, maybe make more friends while your at it, lets face it your very outgoing, witty so you should be able to get plenty of mates :)
    How about some sort of voluntary work? like a hospital or nursery sommat like that?

I go out most thursdays (there me mates days off) i go out a few nights a week but nothing compared to how i used to be.

When i was working over Christmas i felt so much better, i need to be active and i hate being by myself. I did meet a lot of new mates there too actually.

I'm going to college in September so thats good. Its just getting money before that.

Cant do voluntary work in a hospital...i dont like needles/blood/the smell/old people...you get my drift :D
  • Options
    What about trying to get a part time job, just till September. It will get you out of this rut your getting into.
    I think this is probably just a phase your going through, as you say come September your gonna be at college, meeting new people and basically getting your life back again.

So until then how are we gonna make Lacy happy again :chin:

Cheer up luvvie :)
  • Options
    Im actually trying to find a full time job.

I need a full time one to fund my learning to drive. I was working but now i aint!

Ill feel better soon i promise :)
  • Options

I hope so.........your the best bloody post whore we got round here :p
  • Options

I bloody well hope so, your the best bloody post whore round here :p
  • Options

I bloody well hope so, your the best bloody post whore round here :p

Moi...never!

I post some good quality stuff most of the time.
  • Options
    Woo. Loads of Deja Vú happening there ;) Multiple posts. What's happening. Should we be worried. Phone Mulder & Scully.

Sorry. I'm OK now. That first cup of coffee does strange things.

Hope things start picking up for you Lacy. Becky's right. It's hard when you get yourself into a rut. Very hard to pull yourself out. Happened to me last year. Not going into too much detail but had a very hard time with my marriage that very nearly destroyed me. Was the hardest year of my life but I worked it. I'm not saying I'm 100% but a lot better than I was last year. PM me if you wanna chat.