Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bet you never thought you'd see me in this forum!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On Saturday night I got the most pissed I have ever been (very long story!) and smoked a joint.

*shock horror*

It had absolutely no effect on me! Was this because I was pissed beyond belief?

Well, thats BumbleBee's admission of the century!

Comments

• Options
    Well how much was in the joint?but being pissed beyond belief might have had an effect,all our bodies react differently to different substances.
  • Options
    As said, it depends how much was in the joint, strength of the gear etc.

Being pissed though, you probably didn't notice the effects, if any.
  • Options
    She only smoked it! Its not as if she actually asked what was in it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    She only smoked it! Its not as if she actually asked what was in it :p

I know, but she asked if the reason she didn't feel it was 'cause she was pissed, but we gave her other possiblle reasons :p
  • Options
    bet you knew i'd be here aye?
    i was in circumstances about 35yrs ago where i was smoking weed every day. it had no effect whatsover for a week. then i started giggling....it's been the salve of my life.
  • Options
    Do you smoke? Or have you smoked before? If you havent it might well have been that you werent inhaling properly.

I'd aggree with the others though, a lot of people feel very little the first time that they smoke weed.
  • Options
    They all are right, but the first time that i Smoked i was as pissed as a fart, and i ended up with the greenies, being sick, passing out and feeling like shit!!

So as a rule, i never mix drink with ANYTHING!!!

But, smoking yourself stupid and then drinking (in my experience) is ok, never gotten bad that way, it is just visa versa!!!
  • Options
    Yea, why is that? You can smoke loads and then drink without feeling bad but if I drink a lot and then come home and smoke a joint I normally fall straight asleep?

Is there a biological reason for this?:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by JonBoi
    Yea, why is that? You can smoke loads and then drink without feeling bad but if I drink a lot and then come home and smoke a joint I normally fall straight asleep?

Is there a biological reason for this?:confused:

Without getting to technical (it was years ago that I studied this) - Alcohol is a depressant - it depletes the serotonin in your brain. Cannabis increases the serotonin. Serotonin levels also increase just before you fall asleep, so maybe your body's thinking you're going to sleep & you're out like a light.

Or of course, I could be talking complete shite.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Do you smoke? Or have you smoked before? If you havent it might well have been that you werent inhaling properly.
    I smoked when I was about 13

*shock horror @ that admission too!*

I think there was quite a lot in it too, I think it was because I was so pissed that I probably wouldn't have noticed it working anyway!! :)
  • Options
    didnt do a lot for me the first time.

tried again, and never looked back..........................

seams its quite common for it not to do anything the first time, even for experienced smokers (of cigarettes), maybe its a psychological thing? it certainly wasnt what i expected when it did work so maybe theres something in the expectations... or something....

its quite subtle really if you think about it at least at moderate-low doses so if you didnt know what to look for you might just put it down to a head rush, or like bumblebee said just being pissed.
  • Options
    Don't worry like half the people dont get high o9n their first time...it took me three times, and the fourth, bam! blasted in outer space
  • Options
    Glad to see you join us BumbleBee. I can only sit and anticipate your heroin addiction that cannabis will inevitably bring on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Glad to see you join us BumbleBee. I can only sit and anticipate your heroin addiction that cannabis will inevitably bring on.

:lol: Righteo then, :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed

Without getting to technical (it was years ago that I studied this) - Alcohol is a depressant - it depletes the serotonin in your brain. Cannabis increases the serotonin. Serotonin levels also increase just before you fall asleep, so maybe your body's thinking you're going to sleep & you're out like a light.

Or of course, I could be talking complete shite.

Pretty much yeah :D

Serotonin levels are increased -only- with the amino-acid 5-HTP.
    Now, since I don't smoke much I have never bothered to look into the chemical reason of why you become stoned.
    But I guarantee you that it has little or nothing to do with the serotonin system.

Alcohol does not "deplete" the serotonin in your brain.
    Alcohold does not have anything to do with the serotonic system.
    Alcohol suppresses dopamin activity and makes you "sedative"

The only drug that "messes" with your serotonic system (at some great volume) is MDMA ('extacy')
  • Options
    as others have guessed it, sometimes the first time you smoke cannabis you dont get any effects. rather, you do get the effects, they are just subconscious if you get me. So you are on the munchies, and you do piss about etc, but you dont think its because of the cannabis. If you get me.
    Duffy
  • Options
    Basically I wasn't really awake much longer to feel the effects! I could still taste the tobacco on my breath in the morning which made me want to retch!