Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spots/the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i was told my doctor that i could go on the contraceptive pill to help my spots. However someone told me that it makes u put on weight is this for everyone? An do ppl put on a lot of weight? Cause that worrys me. Im an ok size at the mo i watch my diet only eat when im hungry not to many snacks.I just dont want that to make me hungry an fat!

Comments

• Options
    When I started taking the pill, I didn't put on any weight. To be honest, it's hard to predict how you're going to react to it until you start taking it, each woman has her own sensitivity to the hormones.
  • Options
    I'm on Microgynon 30 and on the pack it says that increased weight loss only happens if you eat more.

I'm on a diet right now and taking the pill and I can't say it has really effected my appetite or my weight. As long as you eat right and exercise I can't see there really being a problem - but i guess people react different....