Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Make-up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Girls - how much make-up do you wear during the day? Would you be happy to leave the house without it? And if you don't wear any make-up do people tell you that you look ill? (They do to me!)

The only thing I really wear on a daily basis is my eyeliner. I used to put full foundation, eyeshadow, mascara etc etc on every day for college, but then I realised that the foundation was making my skin worse, giving me more spots. And I was getting into a vicious circle of trying to cover up a growing number of spots!! So I stopped wearing it, and felt much better about myself :)

And boys - do you prefer girls to wear make-up? I'm talking about during the day really, not when you go out at night?

Comments

• Options
    Mascara & eyeshadow is all i usually bother with. I like make-up but the more natural look, eg natural colours etc..
  • Options
    I think people tend to look a lot better with out much/any.
  • Options
    I wear none :D

nights out, usually some lipgloss and mascara, nothing more.
  • Options
    • Foundation
    • Concealer
    • Bronzer
    • Powder
    • Blusher
    • Liquid Eyeliner
    • Lipliner
    • Lipstick
    • 2 different kinds of eyeshadow
    • Mascara

Probably more but yeah thats what i wear on a daily basis.
  • Options
    • Foundation
    • Powder
    • Base eyeshadow
    • Eyeshadow
    • Mascara
    • Eyeliner
    • Lipliner
    • Lip Stick
  • Options
    During the day

- Foundation
    - Concealer
    - Bronzer
    - Lipstick/lip gloss varies on my mood.

Sometimes eye shadow and mascara, it depends whether I'm seeing any clients or not

And no I wouldn't be happy going out without it. I keep everything natural looking, but I just feel it enhances my skin. I do have really realy pale skin and so without foundation I always look really ill. :crying:

Only time I go out without is in summer if I've got a decent tan.
  • Options
    Vaseline...

If i'm going out, the most i'll ever put on is mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner, bronzer and a tinted lipgloss. Unless i'm going somewhere VERY posh/important, in which case all the stops come out!
  • Options
    I wear as little foundation as possible - as much as is needed to cover up any blotches! lol Eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick.

I wouldn't leave the house without wearing any make-up cos I'd feel minging! I like to go out thinking that I look at least half decent! As for my boyf, if we're just sat around then I usually don't bother with it, but if we go anywhere then I'll always put make-up on and do my hair!!