Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

burial/cremation - sorry to be morbid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok the organ donor thread got me thinking. How many people want to be buried when they die and who wants to be cremated and why.

Personally I want to be burried. I don't like the idea of being burnt, whether I'm alive or not, it just feel's like it would be wrong. There again probably for the reason I don't want to be an organ donor...that possibility that there is something afterwards that I might need my body in tact to get hold of.

Comments

• Options
    Cremated. I don't want to be taking up any space, I don't particularily want to rot (yes yes, I'm dead and shan't know, but still) and I'd like to be trite and be chucked ('scattered') in the sea.

Be at one with nature and all that.
    Without being eaten.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    chucked in the sea.

Exactly what I said.

But I meant whole.
  • Options
    But I meant whole.

What about the poor sod who catches you in his fishing net? He probably only wanted some tuna for his sandwhiches.

Not that you're not lovely, (I'm sure you are) but I wouldn't fancy tredding on you when I'm paddling in a girly type fashion in Skegness.
  • Options
    Im going to be buried :)
  • Options
    I wanna be cremated and my ashes scattered around my special place. Or I want my best friend at the time to mix my ashes with smack and shoot me :D
  • Options
    i've said it before and i'll say it again... i want to be creamated then have my ashes thrown in the eyes of people i detest :D

acutally though, when i told my friends i was dying, they told me that they could see me creamated and mix me and sell me in 1/8ths... makes ya think...
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

Exactly what I said.

But I meant whole.

lol, thats what brooke said she wants done... you people... :p

god i need to get some new conversation topics
  • Options
    I want to be made into a coral reef.
  • Options
    I wanna be cremated. Then im gonna get me mum to put me urn on me pillow hehe so its like im just sleeping!
  • Options
    I wanna be cremated, coz if there is a god, and a heaven and hell, then im gonna burning anyway, so i might as well get used to it
  • Options
    I wanna be buried.
  • Options
    I want to be cremated & thrown into the sea. The thought of being buried makes me feel claustraphobic. Is that weird?
  • Options
    not to sure yet :chin:

i'll have to get bak to ya on this one.
  • Options
    I have no idea!!

The thought of being buried makes me feel claustophobic, even though I know I will be dead! However, the thought of being cremated makes me feel weird. Hmmm. I think I would prefer to be cremated.

If you're buried it is most likely to be in a Church yard, where else can you be buried??
  • Options
    I think id like to be cremated, im going to give my organs away so, there wont be much left of me, i hope whoever has my lungs doesnt smoke!because they should take care of them, i did and i want them to.:eek2:
  • Options
    If everyone was buried then eventually the entire surface of the planet would be covered in graves.

Clearly at some point nobody will be able to be buried without digging up someone else.

i there fore will be cremated and returned into the natural system to help some plants grow.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    If everyone was buried then eventually the entire surface of the planet would be covered in graves.

Clearly at some point nobody will be able to be buried without digging up someone else.

i there fore will be cremated and returned into the natural system to help some plants grow.....

Yeah but when graves get to a certain amount of years old, they get the head stones taken off and are used again. Horrid thought but true.

I'd like to be buried so that any family can be put in the same spot. If I die before I have my own family I'd love to be buried in the same grave as my dad so I can be with him again.
  • Options
    Im thinking burial but i do want to donate my organs as well. really dont like the thought of cremation.
  • Options
    I'd actually like to be cryogenically frozen, near-death, and shot into space.

Or frozen again and then put in a huge pyramid where people could worship me until they had the tech to bring me back to life!
  • Options
    i want to die in style, like dying twice or summat. i want to be remembered not just by my family and friends. im planninhg on becoming the oldest man alive, then become the oldest man to climb nelsons column, (aged 138).

i will then be cremated and sprinkled into the coffee of the house of commons.