Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Flirting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some people flirt unconciously (sp?) , or at least, so I've heard. I wonder if anyone knows how you can flirt without knowing? I wonder if I do it too...

Comments

• Options
    But if you flirt without knowing, then you wouldnt know you were flirting, and therefore you wouldnt know that you flirted without knowing!

:p
  • Options
    Apparently the most successful people in life are subconcious flirters. I don't think it necc. means u are after someone, subtle flirting can work in a variety of situations to get the results u are after from another person.

Some people have told me I am not at all flirty, whilst others have said I am a total tease. I really don't know what the difference in behaviour between these people is, because I haven't meant there to be one.

I think friendliness can be misconstrued as flirtiness and vice versa.
  • Options
    I'm a big big flirt, sometimes subconsciously and sometimes on purpose. It gets me what I want most of the time so surely it's a good thing?

Although I do still flirt when in relationships and I know it can causes trouble. Just the way I am though...I can't hlep it. :)
  • Options
    I flirt way too much. It's a bad thing. I've corrupted too many young boys. [no pedophilia intended]
  • Options
    Laura is the biggest flirt ever. Me and her mum were laughing at her because she flirts so much. Like, say me and my mates are sitting down eating lunch, she will start flirting with me best mate right there and then...

Insane!
  • Options
    Ye I tend to a flirt a bit- its good for conversation and as an ice-breaker.

But, i'd do more harmless flirting with friends than anything else.
    I think its different with women thoug- some can be such teasers and you dont know what to do with them!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    I think its different with women though- some can be such teasers and you dont know what to do with them!

Yup, I agree with that totally. When a random bird in a pub comes up to you and starts flirting, its usually because she has some interest in you, so its ok to flirt back just as much. However, when its a mate flirting with you, it confuses the hell outta me as to whether they are just flirting because you're mates or because they want something.
  • Options
    Hmm sometimes girls that flirt a lot are attention seekers, which means they’re not happy unless someone is paying them attention. *Which isn’t always good!

So sometimes the worrying thing is how these girls get the attention. (From a bf point of view)

Also there’s good and bad attention, normally these girls crave any attention but end up getting the bad kind.

They fall out with the bf and go clubbing and get with some other bloke who shows them the slightest bit of interest.

Not saying that’s the case all the time, but some attention seeking girls just worry me

These girls know what they are doing tho, Only kidding themselves if they think otherwise!
    :p;)
  • Options
    ^^^^ Aint me!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    ^^^^ Aint me!!

Hehehe Yeah right, you don’t like attention you!

You shy away from it right!:lol::love: :rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Hmm sometimes girls that flirt a lot are attention seekers, which means they’re not happy unless someone is paying them attention. *Which isn’t always good!

So sometimes the worrying thing is how these girls get the attention. (From a bf point of view)

Also there’s good and bad attention, normally these girls crave any attention but end up getting the bad kind.

They fall out with the bf and go clubbing and get with some other bloke who shows them the slightest bit of interest.

Not saying that’s the case all the time, but some attention seeking girls just worry me

These girls know what they are doing tho, Only kidding themselves if they think otherwise!
    :p;)

Thanks for just summing me in the last few months up perfectly. Out of that stage now. But I tell you what...it makes the female feel shit as well.
  • Options

Hehehe Yeah right, you don’t like attention you!

You shy away from it right!:lol::love: :rolleyes: ;)

If i wanted attention i'd stand on a table naked and let 20 lads lick beer off me :)

What i get is attention, but not neccessarily as a result of what i do.

And i agree with Kazbo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo

Thanks for just summing me in the last few months up perfectly. Out of that stage now. But I tell you what...it makes the female feel shit as well.

Why tho?

You want the attention to feel attractive and wanted right?, it’s not your fault the only attention on offer is bad

A Bloke eyes you up, wants to shag you and give you attention. You feel wanted and that makes you happy and gives you a boost, he makes you laugh and stuff. Then sex is talked about.

He does the deed with you and leaves, you feel like shit and used. *You May say it will never happen again *

A little time on, You get over the hurt and go out again, meet a handsome/gorgeous man, he gives you attentions and makes you feel wanted, and then so on

You get trapped in a routine and you just get use to it, you may end up believing that you’re not worth anything more then that, and should be happy with this life style.

As time goes on, you may (if unlucky) gain a reputation as being easy and labelled a slut. Then you meet a nice bloke who likes you for you, and gives you what you want (Cuddles, affection, love, stability & care etc)

You kinda love him, but the attention he gives you isn’t enough. Your still use to men trying it on all the time, which can lead to trouble because you carry on flirting because it’s like second nature to you by now.

In an ideal world, a bloke would be able to give you all the attention you need, but that just ain’t going to happen, plus also you’d get bored and stuff.

If flirty girls want to change, they can. It’s just that once they had a drink in them, they really enjoy being prick teases!;) ;)

If girls that flirt would just learn to control themselves more, they’d save em selves a lot of heartache (But that’s easy for me to say isn’t it, I’m a bitter bloke!):p

P..S sorry Kazbo, that wasn't aimed at you or anyone else, just my own sad little thoughts!
  • Options

Why tho?

You want the attention to feel attractive and wanted right?, it’s not your fault the only attention on offer is bad

A Bloke eyes you up, wants to shag you and give you attention. You feel wanted and that makes you happy and gives you a boost, he makes you laugh and stuff. Then sex is talked about.

He does the deed with you and leaves, you feel like shit and used. *You May say it will never happen again *

A little time on, You get over the hurt and go out again, meet a handsome/gorgeous man, he gives you attentions and makes you feel wanted, and then so on

You get trapped in a routine and you just get use to it, you may end up believing that you’re not worth anything more then that, and should be happy with this life style.

As time goes on, you may (if unlucky) gain a reputation as being easy and labelled a slut. Then you meet a nice bloke who likes you for you, and gives you what you want (Cuddles, affection, love, stability & care etc)

You kinda love him, but the attention he gives you isn’t enough. Your still use to men trying it on all the time, which can lead to trouble because you carry on flirting because it’s like second nature to you by now.

In an ideal world, a bloke would be able to give you all the attention you need, but that just ain’t going to happen, plus also you’d get bored and stuff.

If flirty girls want to change, they can. It’s just that once they had a drink in them, they really enjoy being prick teases!;) ;)

If girls that flirt would just learn to control themselves more, they’d save em selves a lot of heartache (But that’s easy for me to say isn’t it, I’m a bitter bloke!):p

P..S sorry Kazbo, that wasn't aimed at you or anyone else, just my own sad little thoughts!

Hmm i think you've just summed up me :nervous:
  • Options

If i wanted attention i'd stand on a table naked and let 20 lads lick beer off me :)

What i get is attention, but not neccessarily as a result of what i do.

Eh? ASG's (Attention seeking girls:p ) only lower themselves like that to gain male attention.

They get the attention through their actions!

Hmm i think you've just summed up me
    I know, Should an insecure bloke like me be worried? :p :cool:
  • Options

I know, Should an insecure bloke like me be worried? :p :cool:

Nah :)
  • Options

Nah :)

Lol, ok
  • Options
    Yes people do use body language to communicate how they are feeling and sometimes they don't realise what signals they are giving off. My sister is a prime example as she has a face for every occasion.:)