Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time?!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya Everyone!!!! I've just recently gone on the pill & it's going well but this week (due to me being lazy in half term) I haven't been taking it at a regular time :eek: but it's always been within 12 hours that I should have! Do you know if that REALLY matters because I had sex last night & Im just checkin!!

Thanks xxxxx

Comments

• Options
    As long as you've taken your pills within 12 hours you'll be fine. :)
  • Options
    yep as long as u take them within 12 hours of the regular time you should be fine but if u take them any later you should use other methods of contraception for the next 7 days just to be safe :)
  • Options
    It's better if you take it very regularly. But i don't spose it matters too much.
  • Options
    So long as it was within 12 hours of your usual time you should be OK, but the pill is most effective when taken at the same time each day, it also helps you to remember to take it.

If you are still worried call one of these:
    The Family Planning Association (FPA) can give you confidential information and advice on contraception and sexual health. Call 0845 3101334.

Brook Advisory Centres: call 0800 0185023 for the location of your nearest clinic for young people. Your GP can often be a good source of help and advice too.

Susie :)