Home Student Life & Education
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

single / joint...??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
when im thinking of studying graphic design, and it says:

Graphic Design
BA Honours (single, joint, minor)...

what does that mean? is there a major difference between single/ joint major/minor degrees?

please help. thanks in advance.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Basically a single degree is where you study just that subject, so in your case you would just be doing a degree in Graphic Design.

    A joint degree is where you study two subjects with equal weighting (ie 50% of your time is spent on Graphic Design & 50% on another subject). The title of these sort of courses are usually something like Graphic Design and {insert other subject here}.

    A joint degree can also be where you come out with a major & minor in your subjects so instead of them having equal weighting you could study one that is 70% of the weighting & the other that is 30%. Say you wanted to major in Graphic Design that would mean that 70% of your modules were for Graphic Design & 30% were for the other subject you are studying, therefore the other subject is your minor subject. The title of these courses are usually something like Graphic Design with {insert other subject here}.

    I hope that makes sense. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    perfect sence. thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.