Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Random question of the day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For no particular reason other than to tax your brains on a monday morning I was wondering this:

If you had the chance to debate all things Europe (EU etc) with those supposedly in the know (Politicians etc) what sort of things would you ask them (and why)?

Susie

:angel:

Comments

• Options
    What are you plotting, Susie? You've acquired a sudden interest in politics all of a sudden....... you guys worry me.
  • Options
    I don't know what you're talking about, I was simply asking a random question ;)
  • Options
    It depends on who it was.

But I'd like to know what's in it for us?

Why the Euro is a "good thing"

How does moving from Brussels to Strasborg enhance the Parliament.

Is a loss of democratic accountability a price worth paying.

But other questions depend on responses...
  • Options
    I probably know more about the EU than most politicians:>

But yeah, Id like to know why the Euro is good, And I dont want the answer that it means I can go on my hollibobs without havign to change money.
  • Options
    You would be better asking an economist about the Euro (depends if you bleieve in the political aspects as well I suppose)

I would like to know (ala Mok) what they think the best system for a European parliament would be and how far they think we should go with integration.

PS, I don't think we have lost anythinh other than the tiniest fraction of democratic accountability.......
  • Options
    Can I just add that before the almighty EU rep arrives I would like to lose the "Dirty Old Man" title above my icon - which is incidentally a picture of yours truly.

I'm a little concerned that paedophile phobis may head my way, especially as I work with paediatricians and we all know how NotW readers get those long words muddled.

I'm sure the others around here have a few suggestions of what it should read. Answers on a postcard please to:

Squinty
    www.thesite.org
    Some Pub
    London
  • Options
    I would ask them if the EU had the capabilities of becomming a military superpower with the same capabilities as the US would it lead to a nuclear arms race with the US as this happened between the US and the former USSR in the Cold War?

I'm just interested to know because the EU is a superpower in terms of size and economy etc, I just wanted to know the consequences of having bipolarity with relation to nuclear proliferation.

:)
  • Options
    Mok you look oddly purple in that photo, rather like one of the Ribena berries.........:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd been eating some of that new Wonka Chewing Gum. It was alright until I got to the Blueberry...
  • Options
    I would ask the European Politicians why they believe democracy should be brought to Iraq when they do not even practice it in their own countries.