Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Australians WERE targeted!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This story works against the lie about 911 being America's fault.

Australians 'targeted' in Bali blasts

CANBERRA, Australia -- Australians were singled out as deliberate targets in the October 12 Bali bombings, according to confessions made by two leading suspects in the attack.

The country's role in helping secure East Timor's independence from Indonesia and its close allegiance to the United States made Australia a target for the bombers who killed almost 200 people, including 88 Australians.

The confessions, aired on an Australian current affairs television program Monday, were made by the alleged mastermind of the bombings, Imam Samudra, and an accomplice, Muklas.

AND A BIG FUCK YOU BACK TO INDONESIA'S RADICAL MUSLIMS:

The report coincides with a trip by Prime Minister John Howard to Washington, where he appears likely to commit Australian troops and equipment to any U.S. military action in Iraq, further raising the ire in predominantly-Muslim Indonesia.

My belief: Reason with radical Muslims with bombs.

Comments

• Options
    How does that support your initial claim?

(PS, 11/9 was obviously the fault of the guys flying the planes and the planners, it merely seems sensible to look at why they chose the targets they did)
  • Options
    It's further proof that this is a religious war between Muslim radicals and everyone else....especially Western democracies.
  • Options
    Everyone else?

No attacks on China that I know of.....

Or any Latin American countries

In fact i would go as far as to say that the attacks have been purely on US and her allies........

Wierd........:confused:
  • Options
    China picked up some. Malaysia has camera's on Muslim clerics to ensure they aren't preaching hatred from the pulpit. Indosnesia, after Bali, has picked up all of the top creeps of Al Qaeda.

The countries that haven't had terrorist plans aimed at them are countries that are helping Al Qaeda out or turning a blind eye to them. The only countries who aren't America's allies are countries that are up to something with terrorists. Even Communist China is a major import/export partner.
  • Options
    Have there been any actual terrorist attacks (or foiled) on countries (or foreign embassies etc) that are not US or very strongly affiliated with the US?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Have there been any actual terrorist attacks (or foiled) on countries (or foreign embassies etc) that are not US or very strongly affiliated with the US?

China
    Malaysia
    Thailand
    Singapore
    Indonesia
    Philippines

Those are the ones that I know of in this region of the world.
  • Options
    Yes. Afghanistan. I know it's easy to forget. But remember they still are a Muslim country. They're just not the kind of Muslim country Al Qaeda wants. And when they were first taken over America had little contact with the Taliban. Also Kashmir. Al Qaeda is involved in that fight against India. Tehy were also in (spelling) Bangladesh. Also plans against Egypt have been stopped. The shoebomber had traveled to Cario to spot buildings, etc. he could bomb.

But look at what they can do by targeting the US? Look at the turmoil the entire world's economy is in? Like Tony Blair said about the peace movement, how many hits to the Western World's economy do people think we can take. And with Saddam, his top Scientist in the early 90's lives near Washington D.C. now...he's told us how determined Saddam is in getting nuclear weapons and how he'd work with Al Qaeda against the US.....even if initially there wasn't any connection between the two.
  • Options
    good post Greenhat. :D
  • Options
    OK I put that really badly, I realise that other countries have been attacked but I believe the attacks you have named are to do with seperate issues, not a general religious war as pnj suggested.......

The Chinese situation would be associated with the seperatist Muslim movement in the NW wouldn't it?

Aren't the SE Asia attacks part of a more general problem between Muslims and Christians across the region?
  • Options
    I can only go by what I read on the AP or ABC...Australian Broadcast Co. or UPI or American news organizations and they said there was an Al Qaeda connection regarding funding or training. Also Abdo Bashir (???) admits he followed Osama and set up religious schools to train all of these people who've been attacking the Christians. I think we didn't make the connection in the West because were raised to value diversity and differing points of view. Which is o.k., but everyone doesn't think that way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    OK I put that really badly, I realise that other countries have been attacked but I believe the attacks you have named are to do with seperate issues, not a general religious war as pnj suggested.......

The Chinese situation would be associated with the seperatist Muslim movement in the NW wouldn't it?

Aren't the SE Asia attacks part of a more general problem between Muslims and Christians across the region?

There have been a number of acts in China, most of which have been kept very low key by the Chinese. Included are foiled attempts at terrorist acts in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Singapore was a foiled plan to highjack an oil tanker and run it into Singapore. This is solidly linked to Al Queda.

Generally Muslim against the world? Unfortunately, if SE Asia is used as an example, it does seem that way. Not Muslim vs. Christian...Muslim fundamentalists vs. everybody that isn't Muslim.

However, most Muslims do not support such an approach to the world, but to say that the Muslim fundamentalists only attack America and its allies is to ignore the actions of Muslim fundamentalists from well before 9/11 and continuing afterwards.
  • Options
    Fair enough, thanks for the info.......:)