Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Comfort eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know when you just eat for the sake of it.

Afterwards you feel like a big fat munter.

I've just eaten 2 bananas, half a tuna pasta salad, a packet of crisps, and 4 chocolate biscuits today. Its only 1:30.

Ick.

:rolleyes: :(

Comments

• Options
    Thats nowt compared to what i've eaten today, must do some excercise tommorow to work mine off.
  • Options
    I so know what you mean! I wish I could tell you I have a good way of stopping it, but I don't! I usually just eat until I can't eat any more, feel guilty, and be done with it! Chocolate's the worst....hmmm!
  • Options
    Re: Comfort eating
    Originally posted by Alabama

I've just eaten 2 bananas, half a tuna pasta salad, a packet of crisps, and 4 chocolate biscuits today. Its only 1:30.

Ick.

OH DEAR ME!!
    may i just point out that the only thing u ate was bad was the crisps and the biscuits, but everything in moderation. its ok to have 1 bag of crisps and a few biscuits but not like 4 bags of crisps and half a packet of biscuits! dont stress!!
  • Options
    Re: Comfort eating
    Originally posted by Alabama

Ick.

Is that it? I eat that much food in a mouthful.
    If you REALLY can't control the comfort eating, then at least make the foods, that your comfort eating on, healthy foods.
  • Options
    :lol: That's nothing!!
  • Options
    Like has already been said, comfort eat healthy stuff, I pick at raw and cooked veggies, and fruit, anything healthy, you dont feel guilty afterwards as its all good for you and unlikely to make you fat.
    You could also try resisting the urge, read a magazine, do a job that needs doing, put off the eating until youve done something else first and hopefully the urge will pass.
  • Options
    If possible, don't bring any sweets, chocolates, or other unhealthy stuff in your house (which may be difficult if u have a large family).
    If it ain't there, u can't eat it can you?
  • Options
    Hey! It seemed like a lot! You should see what I eat when I get home from work, jeeeeez.

I dont really eat much chocolate and crisps and stuff, its more like savory comfort food.

I'm learning to control it now I guess, I'm not eating much before I go out of an evening, and by the time I get home, i'm too tired to eat :)

Nice an healthy, banana for brekkie, soup or a sandwich for lunch, then dinner and more fruit when I get home.

ta da!