Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

skinny ppl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm female and 16 years old, my height is 5"2, i weight 6stone, the problem is that im natuarally skinny and really want to put on lots of weight. but HOW?

i hate bein skinny believe it or not. as most girls would dream to be like skinny
can u wonderful ppl help me?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    by da way i do eat loads!!:)
  • Options
    Hi,
    I'd get yourself checked out at the docs as there could be a underlying problem.

6 stone is far too light in my eyes.
  • Options
    Tweety is right, you need a proper weighing and a medical checkup.
  • Options
    I'm skinny too and it annoys me when larger peeps say how lucky I am, yeh sooooo lucky that clothes hang off me, it just looks horrible I think. And I eat loads too, it's different peoples metabolisms.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    Tweety is right, you need a proper weighing and a medical checkup.
    And they'll just tell you that there's nothing wrong and you're naturally skinny. I'm 22, 5ft3 and I weigh just under 7stone. I've been this weight my whole life and I eat loads. The doctors said there's nothing wrong and nothing I can do, it's just natural.

I know it's horrible. I hate getting random ppl coming up to me and saying 'God your so skinny'....don't think they'd dare say that to a fat person would they? :rolleyes: Sorry I cant help more, but you're not alone and there's nothing wrong with you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

And they'll just tell you that there's nothing wrong and you're naturally skinny

Thats not neccessary true, for instance i have an underactive thyroid & if its too high or too low it affects my weight, i can't do much about it. Mind you they don't like doing this test as it costs alot of money.:rolleyes:
    Up to you but i'd get it checked out.
  • Options
    i dunno if theres anything up with me but im a guy and im 5 foot 7 and just over 8 stone. I eat loads! + and i dont exericise as much as i should, where is it going?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    i used to be like you lot. skinny, underwieght and able to eat utter crap as much as i wanted. i hated it and wanted to be bigger. now i am bigger and i want to look like i used to. the only problem with being bigger is that i have celulight. and i didnt have that before so im gonna do my best to get skinny again just to get rid of it.
  • Options
    Im skinny and I'd also love to put weight on and get fatter but im not to bothered apart from the fact it might scare girls away :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    i used to be like you lot. skinny, underwieght and able to eat utter crap as much as i wanted. i hated it and wanted to be bigger. now i am bigger and i want to look like i used to. the only problem with being bigger is that i have celulight. and i didnt have that before so im gonna do my best to get skinny again just to get rid of it.
    you have an AMAZING body, you dont have to change for anything, including me!:D
  • Options
    im 6'2", and weighing in at 9 stone, people say i need to put on wieght but i am fine with it! :D
  • Options
    there's nothing wrong with being "skinny". i'm 5'8 and around 54 kilos. by definition i'm underweight, but thats not a problem as long as i'm helathy and it doesn't affect my day to day life.

my two cents
  • Options
    hey i know how u all feel, i'm a recovering anorexic, so yeah i know how it feels to be told u skinny all the time, and it doesn't help when people tell u how lucky u are to be skinny when u are trying to beat an eating disorder.

but hey now i'm just over 50 kg and for me that's not so bad. i'm 5'9 and a bit.

kally:D
  • Options
    Jeez you're all really light...

Anyway, having gained two stone in about 3 months I reckon I'm qualified to help you! Eat loads of bread, bacon sandwiches, cheese toasties etc as snacks, pasties are good, as are any pies and anything fried (obviously), eat loads of chocolate and drink shit-loads of lager. And eat lots of cake. Worked a treat for me. :D

p.s. I've lost it now! Didn't like being overweight.
  • Options
    im 5'8" and weigh 7 1/2 stone, I like being the way I am, apart from my boobs, doesnt it just totally suck that being skinny = tiny boobs, I sometimes think i'll put on weight just to see if they get bigger, but then I dont think i'd want to be fatter anywhere else!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
    doesnt it just totally suck that being skinny = tiny boobs, I sometimes think i'll put on weight just to see if they get bigger,

hehe I know what you mean!! I'm not flatchested but cos I'm so small so are my boobs, though I'm all in proportion which is good. But I'd gladly put on weight if it'd mean my boobs would grow too!! But thats easier said than done! lol ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Wish I needed to eat loads of crap to put on weight :( for me just smelling chocolate makes me gain about 5 pounds.
  • Options
    I'm 5ft 7, and weigh about 7 stone. I eat more than anyone i know and don't put on any weight. I'm happy though, it just means my body has a good metabolism.

You should be happy as you are. as long as you ain't getting ill then it's cool.

:)
  • Options
    Im about 5'7 and im under weight as well. i also hate it when people are like wow ur so skinny, im like dude shut up. Or i hate it when people are like.."u need to eat!"(as a joke) but i always get mad, and the thing is i DO eat soo much.. its just the way my body is.

But one thing i kno, is Work Out alot, i do tons of sports, and with my muscles looking bigger from it, people dont think im as skinny as i was!

_Nelly_:heart:
  • Options
    I'm pretty slim and am very happy with myself. I do think if people have a problem then they need to do something about it in order to feel happier about themselves. :)
  • Options
    Hi i would say that u r lucky. I am 5 foot an a bit. I am bout 5 stone an 3/4. I think that eating will make u put on weight but is it healty u dont want to over eat do u? Im more scared to over eat an put on weight.
  • Options
    my friend is like that...but she HAS to eat every few hours...the doctor told her she has a REALLY fast motabilism....lucky devil...but mind she wants to be my wieght
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tink101
    im 6'2", and weighing in at 9 stone, people say i need to put on wieght but i am fine with it! :D

oh my god!!! i weigh more than my bf!!!! i want to die!!!!
    thats it im going on a crash diet i will be lighter i will!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella

oh my god!!! i weigh more than my bf!!!! i want to die!!!!
    thats it im going on a crash diet i will be lighter i will!

:( :crying:
  • Options
    Ive been a skinny runt all my life but im finally starting to add some pounds. Started a new high-protein diet. Im eating loads of the following:

Tuna
    Peanut Butter
    Cottage Cheese
    Chicken
    Milk

Takes dedication cos im eating like every 3 hours but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Regards.
  • Options
    this is for barbie!

heya, i put on a stone over the last 2 months and i'm wondering how did you lose the 2 stone that u gained? i dont really hav much time to exercise!
  • Options
    Im good on how to gain weight,
    eat lots of cheese, food that doesnt crunch doesnt fill you up as much, larger is great to add weight as is coke. oh yheh and peanuts they have to be one of the most fattiest natural foods
    hope that that helps**
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    eat lots of cheese, food that doesnt crunch doesnt fill you up as much, larger is great to add weight as is coke. oh yheh and peanuts they have to be one of the most fattiest natural foods
    hope that that helps**

there's high protien diets to put on weight, and there's a fast track to a heart attack. can YOU see the difference?:crazyeyes
  • Options
    hehe I know what you mean!! I'm not flatchested but cos I'm so small so are my boobs, though I'm all in proportion which is good. But I'd gladly put on weight if it'd mean my boobs would grow too!! But thats easier said than done! lol

I've heard of a pill that you can take that makes your boobs grow bigger without putting on weight anywhere else. Dunno what it's called though. It's something my gf saw.
  • Options
    People who are overweight are always saying how they wish they were thin, and everyone else seems to think being underweight is amazing.

Well its not, just like being overweight it affects your confidence and can get you down.

Everything in this world is all about losing weight, just look at foods and it will tell you how "low in fat" it is or how its only "xx calories"

I hate being a lanky streak. :(