Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

*Rant*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I hate Math! :mad: I work my ass off in an attempt to get the grades I need to get into university and was managing until we hit integration!

Integration in P3 has to be the most pointless thing ever!! :mad: (Closely followed by P4, 5 &6 which I have the misfortune of also having to pass). Who cares what the integral of tan42xe^x is? :confused: When will it ever be necessary to anyone? (Rhetorical question, anyone who replies with a reason is likely to get their head bitten off) Not only do we have to know things like trigonometry, exponential and logarithms but the expect us to be able to do the most stupid things with them!!

And apparantly it's my fault I'm behind as I missed one of the lessons...... to sit A MATH EXAM!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

Obviously I have to know this stuff so I can teach the rest of the class as I have been doing until now (well, only bits, but that's beside the point).

I've wasted most of a perfectly good snow day off school attempting to learn the basics. & failed. Which leaves only one thing to do.

GGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, P3, check. Lighter check. :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It is maths not math. ;)

And although maths is hard, in this country you only have to study it until you are 16 and leave school. Just put up with it, you never know you might change your career plans and become something which does require you to know all that shit, errr, I mean stuff!
  • Options
    I think this is College or sixth form math
    and it's math
  • Options
  • Options
    ok, that's better, but in short, u write Math
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

I always called it Maths...I thought without the 's' was american.

A useful, if complicated, subject.
    We're right. Math is American.
  • Options
    Damn, well I'm not American, I am British, I promise.
    Nice to have a good rant isn't it?
  • Options
    I get the impression people think I'm American. I'm not, I'm English. I just spell American. Which, I know, is weird.

I usually find Math easy which is why it's really getting to me. I've applied to do Math at Uni and I feel that if I can't cope with the A-level work then that was obviously a big mistake, but it's the only thing I've ever been good at. I also have an inferiority complex and tend to use grades as a measure of self worth. It's not surprising this is stressing me out!

Feeling more rational now and beginning to make headway with my work.

(For anyone that's interested, many people have suggested I become a Math teacher!:eek: )