Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question about going on strike ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As we are aware the firefighters have been on strike again, now can someone please answer me a question.

If you are on strike do you have to actually have a picket line ? The times the Firefighters have been on strike at our Fire Station you always see them outside the fire station, all standing around. This time they were not outside.
So why would this be? is it that our FireFighters dont want to join in?
Sorry for my lack of knowlegde here, but I just automatically thought they had to have a picket line.

Comments

• Options
    becky, a picket line is there to stop people crossing it and doing thier job. also it draws public attention. they can't stop the army and it's to fucking cold to be hanging around outside.
  • Options
    I know what a picket line is Mr Roll :lol: im not that thick.....am I :lol:

The Firemen got loads of support last time, everyone going past tooting, it just seems strange them not being there this time.

Edited to add Mr roll is it in my interests to delete this post :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I know what a picket line is Mr Roll :lol: im not that thick.....am I :lol:

Mr roll is it in my interests to delete this post :lol:
    no! like i said it's to fucking cold innit!
    the pickets in my town last time had things thrown at them! have you heard what the army lads have said about the hours these guys do? sack 5,000 of them and modernise i say. yes i know they are popular heroes but there are far more unsung heroes around your towns that get a far worse deal than these fuckers get.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    sack 5,000 of them and modernise i say.

Why sack 5,000 of them?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Why sack 5,000 of them?
    thats the figure the government have come up with if these guys want a big pay rise.
    thousands will have to go and the rest will have to put in a full weeks work.
    there is a queue so fucking long, of men wanting to do this job, for the current level of pay that means they will never get the outragous demands thier making.
    no responsible govt could give in to a 40% pay rise... imagine the rush of people wanting the same!
  • Options
    When you put it that way, hhhmmmm I see what you mean.