Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Money......how do you handle yours?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are you like as regards to money?

If I have money then I HAVE to go shopping and buy something. Like today I had £30 spare so off I toddled to town and came back with 2 pair of jeans and a T-Shirt.
I love to get a bargain, like the jeans I got today were buy 1 get 1 free, so for £20 i got 2 pairs :D

All I need now is some extra spare cash and I can go back and buy myself a new belt, I had a heart attack, the one I liked today cost £12.99 :eek: yeah for a bloody belt :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    if i have it, spend it.

if i dont, sulk.

heh :)
  • Options
    I'm OK with money.
    I put my money for rent in savings as soon as my loan arrives.

Other than that, I seem to manage OK...seeing as I rarely have much spare, I can't go on shopping trips (apart from food and drink).
  • Options
    i have third degree burns where my pockets once lived.
    i have nothing, or as little as possible to do with the stuff.
    i have agreed that emily is the accountant in this house.
    if we go into a major city i'm alowed only about a tenner in coins, no folding stuff. trouble is i start giving it away to the homeless and stuff. i see a beggar and think and think, "there but for the grace of god go i".
  • Options
    spend it
    complain
    borrow it
    get paid
    pay back people i owe
    complain
    borrow it
    get paid
    pay back people i owe
    complain
    borrow it
    get paid...

you get the point.
  • Options
    I don't have any money to manage! :(

But when I do have money I spend nearly all of it on clothes!!
  • Options
    Wow £20 for 2 pairs of jeans, thats good. Its £35 for 1 pair in topshop, and £12.99 isnt that much for a belt, there usually about £15, but i find that belts sort of complete your hole outfit so there kindof essential. Ibough a lovely jumper in Topshop a couple of months ago it was £30, i thought that was a bit much cause my nan could of made it.

Usually when i have the money i have to spend it other wise i end up spendind it bit by bit on sweets:rolleyes:
  • Options
    When I have money, it gets spent (but not on me funnily enough):p

Mostly goes on Beer and gf. *And getting to work!!!* £7.50 EVER DAY just to get somewhere I dislike!

Dis is Crazyeee, no?!
  • Options
    So you work to pay off ur fee to go to work?how much do you get an hour?
  • Options
    I don't have any money, so it's simple...
    I beg my parents :)

And fortunately my persuation skills, combined with a colgate smile has never disappointed me.
  • Options
    I'm not too bad with money. I can save it when necessary. At the moment I'm fairly skint, so can't do much with what little I have spare.
    I feel guilty if I spend too much, like today in Tesco when I bought some coffee flavouring (Caramel - mmmm!), and a bottle of Green Ginger Wine. That was six quid that shouldn't have really been spent, but I felt like I needed some cheering up. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I`m a complete miser. I will be one of those strange old biddies you read about in the papers... I`ll die living in a council oldfolks bungalow, surrounded by the detritus of my uneventful life eating out of McDonalds bin and wearing a thick overcoat and sleeveless mittens (even in the summer), only for it to be subsequently uncovered that I had about 90 million stashed away in the bank.
  • Options
    Re: Money......how do you handle yours?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    What are you like as regards to money?
    Terrible, I really shouldnt be allowed to have a switch card and a store card, Im not allowed credit cards either, it's for my own good so they tell me :impissed:
  • Options
    I still have £500 from 3 months ago? Is that good? :confused:
  • Options
    I only buy things on sale. I only buy the thing, not the idea that I'm gonna look like the dude in the ad. (My dad's in advertising.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

yes that's excellent news, it's just the amount of cash I need!

Please give it to meeee.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

No that's bad!! :eek: Go shopping now!!
  • Options
    It really depends on my mood, if i've had a shite day I tend to go on a shopping spree/chocolate buying spree/alcohol buying spree & basically spend my money on a load of crap!

Most of my money these days seems to go on nights out & travel to college though.
  • Options
    Fucking hopeless.

Whenever I have spare cash, I end up going into town and buying new clothes and blowing it all.

Then a few days later something always comes up that I need the money for.

Like last Thursday I had £190, went into town and bought a pair of jeans and a shirt, came home, and about an hour later my pal phoned me wanting me to know if I was wanting to chip in for twenty pills, and go clubbing the next night :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Like last Thursday I had £190, went into town and bought a pair of jeans and a shirt,

Where they lined with gold or sommat ? £190 for jeans & a Shirt :eek2: youre crazyyyyyyy :crazyeyes

I got 2 pair of jeans for £20 bloody quid :lol: and they are nice :D
  • Options
    spend spend spend spend spend spend spend
    xxx
  • Options

Where they lined with gold or sommat ? £190 for jeans & a Shirt :eek2: youre crazyyyyyyy :crazyeyes

Only £180 - I got a pizza out Pizza Hut too :D

The jeans did have a kinda goldey/browney colour to them, though :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

The jeans did have a kinda goldey/browney colour to them, though :p

Oh well that explains it then :lol:

Shit Id never ever pay that much for clothes, seriously I could buy a full wardrobe for that :crazyeyes
  • Options

Shit Id never ever pay that much for clothes, seriously I could buy a full wardrobe for that :crazyeyes

I wouldn't normally pay that much for jeans, but it's that 'I have the money, so I might as well spend it' mentality I was talking about.
  • Options
    I'm good with money.

I hate shopping. I get most of my clothes from my sister.

I'm good at saving.

I spend money on doing things rather than having things.

As all my friends are away at uni this has made it really easy for me to not go out and therefore have lots of money that I would have spent on my social life.
  • Options
    I'm either really good, or shamefully bad with money. Moderation is a foreign concept.

I'm being quite good at the moment, although I may still be in shock at the cost of my driving lessons. I have some money in a coat pocket somewhere that I've been meaning to stick in Halifax but I'm in dire need of a haircut so that's that gone already.
    My dad did offer to do it with the shears, but I politely declined.

I have savings, although that's mainly due to my forgetting my PIN number and so can't actually get any out. Rah.
  • Options
    I have no money to spend really, but overdrafts are a wonderful thing. Luckily we are re-mortgaging the house, so should be getting lots of money for free soon! I dont spend much on myself though, I did buy a nice new pair of flares in the gap sale last week for £14.99 and thats like really treating myself - doesnt happen very often.
  • Options
    Here in Brasil i work in a eletric company and receive +- 2000$ i spend half of i won and the other half i put in a bank...
  • Options
    I'm usually quite good with my money. However - because I inherited a bit of cash and its sitting about in my account I've not been that careful lately!!

Usually I resent paying huge amounts for clothes I know will be in the sales for less than half price.
    I like Primark, H&M, and places like Bay trading and Pilot.

One thing I hate is the price of decent shoes.
  • Options
    Ii'm terrible with money. I'm awful at saving. Even if I have some money and I dont particularly want to buy anything with it I still manage to spend it. On food usually - I know I should take a packed lunch but I never seem to have time or we dont seem to have anything nice to eat in the house.