Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Erroring on the side of safety for British troops.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As you all know, yesterday Green Peace tried to block supplies that were to be loaded on to a British military ship in South Hampton.

As you all probably know too, when Al Qaeda attacked the US Cole in Yemen, they were on supply ships and saluted the US sailors in a friendly manner so they would be trusted as a supply ship and allowed to pull up along side the Cole. Then, of course you know, they blew themselves up, murdering our servicemen.

Green Peace has done a lot of good. But allowing them to get that close to that British military ship showed zero respect for people who are going to defend the UK. What about ensuring their rights most basic rights...to live...in their own country that they love enough to defend? Anyone could pose as an anti-war group and get close to British troops. Why?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think I like direct action. I can understand why certain groups resort though.