Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

They never text back!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone got any ideas on why this happens?

Im out at night, meet a nice bloke and have a snog/kiss. We swop phone numbers etc. I always wait for them to text first which is usually later that night or the next morning.
I text back. We text a bit that day usually, nothing to much, just hi,how are you. etc

Then it stops and I never here from them again?

Whats the problem? If they weren't interested they wouldnt have texted in the first place,right?

I've been told that maybe I should ignore their texts for a few days and then reply, play hard to get etc. Does that work?
Also, if a girl texts/ rings first does that come across as desperate?

Need help,been single too long! :)

Comments

• Options
    i have the same problem. i have an ongoing flirtation with a guy i have liked for ages and its mainly through text messages.
    he sends me a really flirty text and im all innocent pretending hes not flirting and im all "what?" and then if i send a text to him that is even slightly flirty he totally doesnt reply.
    but i hate it when boys reply with like "ok" or "fine" when u have sent them a really long message.
    sorry i dont think that helped at all!
  • Options
    Originally posted by scarlettcloud
    i have the same problem. i have an ongoing flirtation with a guy i have liked for ages and its mainly through text messages.
    he sends me a really flirty text and im all innocent pretending hes not flirting and im all "what?" and then if i send a text to him that is even slightly flirty he totally doesnt reply.
    but i hate it when boys reply with like "ok" or "fine" when u have sent them a really long message.
    sorry i dont think that helped at all!

At least I know its not just me :)
    That happened to me too, a fella i really fancied kept flirting with me in his texts and even said something bout going out sometime. Then the texts just stopped.
    I was silly and sent a drunken back a few days later saying something about going for a drink. I havent heard back, that was months ago.
    I dont think guys like it if girls are too up front in asking them out. Maybe I intimidate men?
    Ah feck it, they aren't worth worrying over :D:p:D

P.s: NEVER send drunken texts! I always do and cringe the next day when I remember. They always seem like a such a good idea when your drunk. Ah well
  • Options
    Why don't you try having using a good old fashioned method of communication.... like the telephone? Works for me!

Also, perhaps they run out of credit on their phone and don't like you enough to bother buying anymore, or perhaps they go out and find another girl they would usually text with.
  • Options
    Re: They never text back!

Course you dont come across as desprate!!! (sp) its all bout girl power these days! but dont be so eager to txt back, and yes ignore the txts for a few days, if he doesnt bother then dont worry bout it, but usually it works and they txt or even end up ringing you!
  • Options
    Just to put a male spin on this ladies ... we are easily confused :/

I met my current girlfriend (who I love to bits) at work and asked her for her number. Anyway I then spent the next day sat looking at my phone thinking whether i'd seem desperate if I rang so soon.

Anyway I thought '**** why not' and just rang her, which isn't like me at all - she asked me what took so long she'd been waiting for me to call which shocked me and the rest is history. On the other hand i've played the 'wait and see' game before which always seems to go wrong lol.

Throw caution to the wind and ring the man! We are very shy creatures and we like the ladies to make the first move (in the most part, yes I know we are a cowardly gender)

I'm babbling now, my bad :)

Oh and yeah drunken text messaging is a very dangerous sport your right, I have the scars to prove it ;)
  • Options
    Stop letting mobile fucking phones rule how you speak to people.

and that stuff about 'you've been told not to text for a few days' and stuff? bullshit. sort it out how you want to. say it how it is. if you want to talk to him, phone him.
  • Options
    Okay well first off pleeeease don't become another member of the female population who plays silly games over how long to wait before texting, etc. etc. If you like then just text or call *now* don't wait six days to "not appear desperate".

As for why they don't reply. Who knows. Maybe you're texting the wrong guys.
  • Options
    if he's like any bloke i know, he will also hate text message relationships, and has probably run out of credit and time replying to you already. phone him and stop playing games, for gods sake.
  • Options
    If u wanna text him first, then do it. If u dont, then dont. Simple as! lol
    If someone texts u and u dont reply for days it gives them the impression that u arent bothered. Playing hard to get can really backfire sometimes. Dont be so keen to give out your number after just one kiss either. People could take that to mean u r easy. Im not saying u r easy by the way! OMG!! I mean in general. Im gonna shut up anyways before I upset anyone else!
    Good luck x :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by AllApologies
    . Dont be so keen to give out your number after just one kiss either. People could take that to mean u r easy.

:confused:

Erm, how else are you meant to get into contact with someone you met and liked then?!

And surely that looks a lot less 'easy' then handing out your number the morning after, hehe :D
  • Options
    U sound like you have had experience of this then? LOL :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by AllApologies
    U sound like you have had experience of this then? LOL :crazyeyes

Er, yeah, I did the going home with someone that I'd just met thing (although we didn't have sex), but he can't have thought I was too easy, as we're still together now, 2 years later!
  • Options
    *sob!*

GAH it's SO true..blokes are prats. the lot of you.

all faith in getting a man is just away out the window and away floating to Yemen.

Not that I want a chap from yemen, but the faith I have is floating away..*sob*

anyways, i'm turning lesbian.

i'm not really, but i feel so rejected!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Homer's Love Child

I dont think guys like it if girls are too up front in asking them out.

That is untrue! If a girl made the first move in asking me out, and seemed up front about it, i'd be quite flattered, even if I didn't find her attractive.
    [
    P.s: NEVER send drunken texts! I always do and cringe the next day when I remember. They always seem like a such a good idea when your drunk. Ah well [/B]

Very true. And let me add something to that: NEVER make drunken phone calls either. A couple of months ago I phoned my mates up after a night out drinking pretending to be a girl called Maria (I wasn't exactly very convincing!) I did this at about 3 in the morning, shouted down the phone, woke up my dad as a result, and made a couple of my mates vomit. Since then, they've been a little bit wary of drinking with me, though i've been forgiven now that i've told them i've cut down a bit on drinking because of the way I treated them.

Yeah, people seem to play funny games when it comes to mobile phones. I gave a girl my phone number and she just seems to do things like ring up at random times and then hang up, and then when I call her she asked me what time I'm working and then she turns up but all she does is ask me where the things in the supermarket are. I'm not sure what game she's trying to play :rolleyes: I don't know what thev problem is with these guys you give your number to, maybe they are waiting for you to say something. I guess it's always worth a try.
  • Options
    Of course, they could ignore your texts because you're boring?

I mean, I'm not suggesting you are.

Well...not really.

:p
  • Options
    This guy I liked in work used to text me ALL the time, and he always used to reply. Now I fancy the pants off him, he like rarely replies or shows proper interest. Sods law.

Playing hard to get text wise is v.v.vimportant. Best to play hard to get always. Men are really funny like that. :rolleyes:

I was v.good with bastard love interest last weekend when he wanted me to come round. I was like 'no no no no' but when i finally gave in, he was like 'pah, whatEVA.'

a\regrahrgagagargargahg. :mad:
  • Options
    if you want something(one) yuo should go for it. Blokes do like girls being forward - not too much mind......some blokes are a little shy, like me. For a girl to text/speak first to them makes breaking the ice so much easier. So text first if you want to see the guy. If he wants to see you, then the fact that you text first wouldn't stop him. hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Haven't been on here in a while so Im only checking all your replies to this topic now, thanx, they've helped loads. Gonna text him tomorrow maybe.