Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sink the Greenpeace boat.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
GREENPEACE BLOCKS PORT

International pressure group Greenpeace has stepped up its campaign against war with Iraq by blocking a major UK military port.

Greenpeace's flagship Rainbow Warrior dropped anchor at Marchwood, Southampton on Monday.

They could endanger the lives of soldiers by delaying deployment.

Comments

• Options
    The War hasnt started yet, if it ever does:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Lmao.

I hope they realise, in the event of war, the boat can be destroyed by the military.
  • Options
    blahaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I just realized that I meant to post to get the Green Peace people off their boat first...then sink it.

But this also came to mind, they said they were climbing onto supply boats. What if a terrorist was pretending to be someone in Green Peace. Wouldn't that be a good way to get near a naval boat without being fired upon?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Today being my day off, I went fishing on Hythe pier and I saw thship at Marchwood. Too be honest I think it's rather pointless, if they want to get it out the way, they will!

As the situation satnds now, I don't think we should be going to war, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't prepare for it. The way Greenpeace are going they're going to end up losing another ship!

edited to say sorry for my typo's and spelling but I is pissed :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah, where are the French when you want them eh?
  • Options
    Re: Sink the Greenpeace boat.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

They could endanger the lives of soldiers by delaying deployment. [/B]

And a war couldnt?:rolleyes: :)
  • Options
    There are also a few bus loads of people on their way to Iraq at the moment...they are going to make a human shield to stop the war from beginning :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I read that too Faith. They're going to put down their lives for the rights of Saddam. :cool:
  • Options
    They think that by being a human shield around our troops, the war wont start and we'll all live happily ever after :yeees:
  • Options
    lol i can imagine 20 middle aged people, wearing safari gear (its quite hot in iraq) all linked together at the airport, then all the brits walking around the, lol, them running side to side stopping the people. ah whats the point. as sun tzu says - only fight a battle when you have already won!

so in essence, dont go in to struggle, go in when you are sure you can win. otherwise you get things like WW1, WW2. ah nevermind.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    They think that by being a human shield around our troops, the war wont start and we'll all live happily ever after :yeees:

damn hippies :lol:
  • Options
    shy boy I just pictured what you wrote. And if there's any New Yorkers there they'll be saying something like "Saddam is ta deye fa."
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    But this also came to mind, they said they were climbing onto supply boats. What if a terrorist was pretending to be someone in Green Peace. Wouldn't that be a good way to get near a naval boat without being fired upon?

How true!! It`s blindingly obvious now I think about it... Greenpeace - Al Quaida..... both strange, bearded and sandal wearing... Someone alert the authorities!
  • Options
    Not them per se, it's the fact that just anyone could take a boat into the area where a military ship is loading.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

The way I read it, thhe people were going to Iraq to basically stand about, so we wouldn't bomb Iraq and (possibly) kill them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    The way I read it, thhe people were going to Iraq to basically stand about, so we wouldn't bomb Iraq and (possibly) kill them.

I saw some loony woman on tv saying they were gonna be a human shield, but there's probably loads of different loonies gone over there aswell! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    On South Today the other night they had some lunatic who was gonna live along with 20 others, in a converted London bus and drive straight Bagdad.

Some people are crazy:eek2:
    Weekender Offender