Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Women drivers.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Women driving in Afghanistan....where they were banned to walk without a male relative. And yet they're still Muslims. Imagine that.

The sight of them on the news this weekend getting into cars made me happy.

Comments

• Options
    they'll have a mcdonalds next! the whole globe americanised...sad.
  • Options
    I'm actually kinda proud of it too.
  • Options
    Re: Women drivers.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Women driving in Afghanistan....where they were banned to walk without a male relative. And yet they're still Muslims. Imagine that.

The sight of them on the news this weekend getting into cars made me happy.

The US only helped 'liberate' Afghanistan because they harboured terrorists and not for 'disliking' the Taliban regime.
  • Options
    There was a very liberal, It's all Good attitude towards the world that the US was awakened from on 911.

The feeling was that they were following their beliefs in the way they lived.
  • Options
    When I saw the title pnj I thought we were about to engage in a lively discussion on whether the fairer sex is naturally skilled to drive or should just give up... ;)

It is certainly nice to see any country slowly emerging from the Prehistoric Era. Even if there's still a long way to go this is to be welcomed.

I still remember the fuss the Saudis kicked during the first Gulf War when they saw American women soldiers driving around. :D
  • Options
    The US military got sued over forcing its women to dress modestly in keeping with Saudi values. I think the case was thrown out because you can't sue the government.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    When I saw the title pnj I thought we were about to engage in a lively discussion on whether the fairer sex is naturally skilled to drive or should just give up... ;)

Doesn't need discussing. We already know the answer.

For those who don't, watch a woman try to reverse into a parking space...

:p
    It is certainly nice to see any country slowly emerging from the Prehistoric Era. Even if there's still a long way to go this is to be welcomed.

Not that this has anything to do with an interventionist US foreign policy ;)