Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

holiday organisation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people,

At this momment in time im slightly fucked off if u will pardon my french. See the problem is me n my mates were organising a lads holiday abroad for this summer. On friday nite i told them not to book anything over the weekend as i needed to sort out my finances n also i know someone who works in a travel agent n will get us a discount. So what do they do they go and organise a holiday without me this weekend and just send me a txt saying its £345 r u coming? which i dnt get till sunday as i left my fone at work. How shall i react to all my mates cos i wanna go mental n av a go at all of them but i think that will only make it worse, what should i do?

Peaceout

Comments

• Options
    I think it was wrong of your mates to organise something without you there. If they are gonna be like that maybe its better that you don't go on holiday with them, find some others to go with somewhere you have a say on.
  • Options
    but the more sensable and realistic answer is that you're not exactly going to go out and get 'new friends' because they wanted to go on their holiday. its not as if they are going without you.

from what you said, they probably should have waited, but so what? they obviously havn't confirmed the booking yet, so its still possible to get your discount. let them know you're pissed off though.

but mountain and molehill come to mind.
  • Options
    I wasn't saying get new friends, I was suggesting he went with some other people, I just assume people have usually got more than one group of friends. Also if your gonna be pissed off with them then it doesn't bode well for a great holiday with ur mates.
  • Options
    It takes a lot of courage to stand up to your enemies but even more to stand up to your friends. I think you should clamly tell them how hacked of with them you are. You have every right to be because you asked them to wait. They obviously don't value your input at the present time so make them listen to you and show you're not a pushover.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    They obviously don't value your input at the present time so make them listen to you and show you're not a pushover.

I agree, but its v.hard to show your not a pushover without coming across nasty.