Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is the most basic human right?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it the right to life?

Property? Freedom of expression?

Comments

• Options
    You work or fight to get your "rights".

Just that most of us, have been lucky enough to have others to do so for us.
  • Options
    I think that freedom in general is our most basic human right. We should have the freedom to believe in what we wish, wear what we feel confortable in, behave how we see fit and treat people in a way that we consider right. I feel that if we do all this, then we are also perfectly capable of accepting any negative responces to how we behave,dress and talk. We should have the freedom, but accept the consequences of that freedom
  • Options
    to be free of fear.
  • Options
    Originally posted by tre
    I think that freedom in general is our most basic human right. We should have the freedom to believe in what we wish, wear what we feel confortable in, behave how we see fit and treat people in a way that we consider right. I feel that if we do all this, then we are also perfectly capable of accepting any negative responces to how we behave,dress and talk. We should have the freedom, but accept the consequences of that freedom

But for everybody to have freedom there has to be limits to one's freedom.
  • Options
    If a basic human right exists, I don't think anyone can agree on what it is.
  • Options
    I think the closest definition would be the right to do as one pleases so long as it doesn't hurt or affect the rights of others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    to be free of fear.

Good luck!!:p
  • Options
    Whichever one is being taken away.