Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ex Boyf..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
K here goes- I broke up with my ex 3months ago we have remained friends and have meet up for sex 3 times since, which felt like we were together again. Im not over him at all and still like and care for him so much, it hurts not being with him :( He doesnt know all this and i dont know if i should tell him or not, cos its really getting to me. Do i tell him and risk the chance of him totally freaking out and stopping all contact or do i tell him, get it of my chest and see what happens...

Comments

• Options
    There is alot to consider-
    Why did u split up in the first place? If its something that cant be changed then do you really want to put yourself through it again?
    And who broke it off the first time? If it was you, and he is still unattatched then maybe you could consider giving it another go. The fact youve met up since would hint that he still likes you, but he might not want to give it a real go.
    If you think the only way you could properly get over him is to know that theres nothing left between you, you could tell him u still have feelings for him. If he freaks out its his loss and at least you know where you stand.
    But going backto him ofr one nighters isnt going to help. :(
  • Options
    He broke it off because he said he fell out of love and i guess drifting apart. We get on so well when we are together but who knows how he feels
  • Options
    maybe you should ask him to be honest with you and tell you how he feels about you....?? meeting up is a good sign that theres still somet between you, though dont raise your hopes too much, as if he says he only wants to be mates and thats all, then if uve got your hopes up, you're gonna feel worse than you did before you asked him....:confused:
  • Options
    Meeting up is NOT a good sign that there`s something still between you, it`s a good sign that he wants a shag!
  • Options
    Yeah, it may sound harsh but I think Miffy is right...

If you're gonna get over someone then going back to them for sex isn't gonna help because it WILL make you feel like you are still involved, and you have to get used to the fact that you aren't.

You should try talking to him, and possibly suggest having a total break from each other for a while, long enough for you to get over him. Seriously, if you do this, then afterwards you will most likely be able to see him and have a laugh without feeling anything more, but you won't be able to if you are still seeing him all the time because there has been no real breakup.