Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Bug Catchers ~~ ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.drudgereport.com/rr.htm

As some on this site know I am a long time advocate of containment for dangerous diseases through quarentine...not popular with HIV/AIDS folks but not unreasonable from my point of view.

Now, the above story comes out and I have to ask whether this kind of conduct is prevelant in UK/EU as well.

Please, no flames. THis is a question about a most serious issue and I am bringing it up here for feed back that I can share elsewhere.

I'll try to keep up with the conversation but because our times are so off don't dispair if you don't get an immediate response from me.

:eek:

Comments

• Options
    ah thats dumb if its true. depends how they see it. as long as im not gonna be sleeping with an infector i dont care, if they want to kill each other off cos they think its erotic, let them. just keep the hell away from me! HIV/AIDS scares the shit out of me and people who go around trying to spread it are just.. insane!
  • Options
    No argument from me on that one.

There have been some major articles in US magazines and newspapers about this activity...and it is discussed openly on tv news and discussion programs.

I brought this over here for discussion because in the past when I have brought up the quarentine/deliberate infection issue it simply wasn't believeable for some.

Because US follows the UK lead on cultural activities it had occurred to me that maybe it had started over there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel

Because US follows the UK lead on cultural activities it had occurred to me that maybe it had started over there.

I thought it was the other way round.

Anyway, Nope not something I've ever heard about (But then again, If it is just gay man doing it I wouldn't know because I have no ties with the gay community.)

Quite sick really I think, no doubt if it's true, we will hear more about it over here as it grows and more people do it.
  • Options
    How odd...really! I had expected to hear that there was nothing new in this activity over there!

Quarentine would have settled all of this and limited exposure to an unfortunate few but the pantageon became politicalized early on...now our, US, medical resources for treating the infected are stretched to the limit and funding for either treatment or cure are drying up...only a slow death in a hostel is left...awsomely horrifying!