Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iraq - Al Qaeda link! Or ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ON CNN today:

Abu Mussab al Zarqawi -- a Jordanian -- was recently accused by Jordanian officials of masterminding the assassination of U.S. diplomat Laurence Foley in Amman in late October.

And Zarqawi has been linked to some of the men arrested recently in London and accused of possessing the deadly poison ricin.

But it is his travels, especially in the past year, that have attracted the attention of intelligence officials.

Zarqawi, coalition intelligence sources said, left Afghanistan when the Taliban regime was toppled. From there, said the sources, he traveled through Iran to Baghdad, then to Kurdish-controlled areas of northern Iraq, where Ansar al-Islam, a group linked to al Qaeda, operates

What do you think? Me? I'm
:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    Re: Iraq - Al Qaeda link! Or ?
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    What do you think? Me? I'm
    :confused::confused::confused:
    me? those pesky terrorists have somehow got me to eat magic cake tonight so i could be said to be under a chemical, terrorist attack at the moment. depending on your point of view of course.
    it's gone very warm and colourful.
  • Options
    pnj, you answered to your question yourself! As it has been pointed out endless times before, the Kurdish operating in northern Iraq are enemies of Saddam. Saddam would actually like to bomb them into oblivion but we won't allow this to happen (and rightly so). But the point remains that Saddam Hussein and Al Queida are enemies, and where Saddam has control there are no groups or organisations friendly to bin Laden.

If war on terror is really what worries Bush then he should be supporting Saddam, not about to obliterate him, for the man has been the single most effective terrorist deterrent in the region.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    the point remains that Saddam Hussein and Al Queida are enemies

Even though both Hussein's gov't and Al Queida say otherwise... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well yes, lets think about this Greeny, if Saddam was your enemy (Al Qaeda) or a threat to your well being should you fall out of favour (his gov't) wouldnt you have cause to be less than honest and say "YEAH HEY BUSH!!! LOOK, WE KNOW THERE IS A LINK!!! BOMB HIM NOW!!!" lol.

I surprised with your intelligence that you cant see the liklihood of that, especially when our own CIA has said there is no credible link.