Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the damaged dove.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
rose and flapped a little singed wing today. managed to fly from damascus to sanfransisco. to london paris and washington. tokyo baghdad.and new zealand. could it rise before there are ashes so we dont have to put our hope in phonexis. buggered if i can spell pheonix.

Comments

• Options
    What dove?

kacaboom.gif

All I see are clouds!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    What dove?

kacaboom.gif

All I see are clouds!
    oh dear. no money on the dove then?
  • Options
    http://www.nv.doe.gov/news&pubs/photos&films/Images/photolib/8X10/XX43.JPG

Naw...doves are toast...too bad, cute bird!

You'll have to blow this one up yourself...it is just too much bandwidth for this site and I don't want to give the mods a fit!
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with protesting war. Protesting is one of the benefits of living in a free society. Just remember that the Iraqi people cannot. I don't mind protests just don't protest the men and women in uniform IF the war happens.
  • Options
    Saw this documentary about a half-Danish, half-Iraqi woman going to Iraq visiting her family. And while it was meant to be against the war, it only succeeded to highlight why Saddam should get evicted as soon as possible.
    This man with small kids, said that he wasn't afraid of a war. That by now he had nothing to lose. A doctor said that he wished he was dead, as he had no future in the state wich his country was in at the moment.

Another interesting fact is, that it's said that almost double as many Iraqi's have "disappeared" cause of opposing Saddam, than Iraqis killed during the Gulfwar.
  • Options
    Always oppose war...until the first shot is fired!

sadam sought to replace Meca & Medina as the centers of islam by building grand mosques and powerful weapons...defeat by the infidels is truly a bitter pill for this most dangerous man.

Cousins, we are at war...be of good heart and proud...we watched your grand ships joining ours in the conflict. Thank you...all of you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Another interesting fact is, that it's said that almost double as many Iraqi's have "disappeared" cause of opposing Saddam, than Iraqis killed during the Gulfwar.

Reality is a bitter pill to swallow for them who would prefer the safety of their delusions, to the reality around them. Rather like the root problem concerning drug use and abuse; drugs are not the problem, but a lack of spine to deal with the problem is the central issue.

Have read (while previously lurking) that you have witnessed / survived terrorist attacks while visiting relatives in Israel: having been exposed to reality, one might presume that you are more in touch with reality, rather than seeking the delusional security of how a "dove" only wishes the world could be...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel

Naw...doves are toast...too bad, cute bird!

And tasty! Drive a spit up its arse, and roast it over an open flame. Been many a preditor who has survived by eating doves... tho they generally eat it alive, rather than cooked. ;)
    Originally posted by hk9147
    Nothing wrong with protesting war.

Especially for those who suffer from congenital testicular deprivation, and would prefer the "security" of slavery to actually confronting a mortal enenmy / threat.
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    Globe, you could definitely take a leading role in a nazi propaganda film! :eek2:
  • Options
    The name Thanatos springs to mind...

So much for all the cry about "we soldiers don't like war any more than anyone else". :rolleyes:

I don't think the war can be stopped because Bush decided on it some 6 months ago. UN authorisation or no the great Satan has decided it's been too long since America killed a 6-figure amount of people. If you spend 3 trillion dollars a year on defence you cannot just let the military machine to rust. Officers get itchy at the lack of action as well. It must be really frustrating not being able to do what have you trained for all your life. Since the 'war on terror' has gone pear-shaped (what good are stealth bombers against bearded chaps who travel on donkeys and sleep in caves?) the focus is now on Iraq where the army can- finally! - have their day out on a proper battlefield and their hyper-expensive B2s finally get out of the hangars.

It might achieve little in stopping the war, but the sights of hundreds of thousands of protesters from Tokyo to Moscow to the UK, Ireland and Washington DC was a great one. The whole world has told Bush and Blair they can stick their war up the arse. Let them have fun while they can, for their days in office are numbered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Globe, you could definitely take a leading role in a nazi propaganda film! :eek2:

And who was talking about the likings of WW2 analogies? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    the dove has not a bleeding chance. we...you, me, want our way of lives to continue as much as possible as they are. a handfull of welsh farmers bought the uk to an almost overnight standstill by blocking the oil. we NEED that oil. we're having that oil. we have to be the people who control the middle east by any means.
    if we don't someone else will...and lets face it we'd be wishing it was us in no time at all. it would be very nice if we could go about soughting out our problems, real , imaginary and invented but in the present circumstances we aint got no other choices. i'm backing the war. but who wins...is not always he who dares.
  • Options
    As one who loves his country but fears his government:

fcfbf33c.jpg

I would only point out that one of the side effect of current events that I personally expect is the abandonment of the UN as an institution of infidels promoting sinfull living by most if not all islamic nations. Now, that will make for interesting times as more and more we are termed a Crusade Conspiracy!

:cool:
  • Options
    Actually jacq, you were amongst others. lol.

But in this case the analogy is in reference to his rather graphically stated hatred of peace and preference for brutal behaviour. Sounds all to familiar to the driving slogans of another well known era of right wing propaganda, fear mongering. and the creation of scapegoat boogeymen to divert public attention away from those who are truly creating the problems.
  • Options
    Actually jacq, you were amongst others. lol.

No, you were the one bringing it up, and continuing to do so. I am simply continuing your mind-trail.
    But in this case the analogy is in reference to his rather graphically stated hatred of peace and preference for brutal behaviour.

Which peace are you talking about?
    You really are a greater idiot than I thought, if you are referring to the condition Iraq is in, as peaceful.
  • Options
    You are more confused than you first appeared i must say. Why dont you spare yourself the embarrassment of making ridiculous assertinons by going back and rereading the post for which I commented. No mention of Iraq was ever made except by you.

Peace as in peaceful resolution of conflicts rather than glorifying the destruction of yet more civilian lives as the poster to whom my comment was directed so graphically demonstrated.

And you obviously have a selective memory since You and Greeny and other militant-loving posters were the first to raise the WWII analogies around here.
  • Options
    You are more confused than you first appeared i must say. Why dont you spare yourself the embarrassment of making ridiculous assertinons by going back and rereading the post for which I commented. No mention of Iraq was ever made except by you.

Peace as in peaceful resolution of conflicts rather than glorifying the destruction of yet more civilian lives as the poster to whom my comment was directed so graphically demonstrated.

And you obviously have a selective memory since You and Greeny and other militant-loving posters were the first to raise the WWII analogies around here.

I truly feel sorry for you. Seriously.

First of all, those analogies are being made when suited. Unlike with you, they are not just being thrown around the air, whenever it might catch attention. Their worth and meaning is understood.
    Unfortunately you don't seem to understand those things.

Secondly, if you look through this thread, Iraq has been mentioned several times. A somewhat sane person would unlike you, follow that trail to some degree. Though obviously you choose to make comments aimed at the clear blue sky.
    Maybe it would help you, if you didn't just spite out your useless comparisons and usual recipes of anti-capitalist/anti-US/anti-Israel comments, but actually paid attention to what is going on around you, and tried to digest that?

If you were able to look beyond your own stuck-up nose, then you would be able to understand that the post you were aiming your reply at, wasn't glorifying war and death, but was simply about taking up a task, instead of wishing the problem to disappear.
    As much in-convenience and annoyance it may cause, you should by your ripe age have realised that "Ignoring the problem won't make it disappear."

Again, I feel sorry for you. It's sad to see people actually taking pride, in sticking their tail between their legs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    but the sights of hundreds of thousands of protesters from Tokyo to Moscow to the UK, Ireland and Washington DC was a great one. The whole world has told Bush and Blair ...

You've come over all Steelgate-like there Aladdin ;)

Hundreds of thousands, isn't even the population of one of the major cities in which the protests took place.

Yes, it was a large organised demonstration, but several hundred million people didn't protest.

Now, I'm not going to suggest that this means that the whole world is behind Bush and Blair, because I don't believe that would be any more truthful than your comment. All I will say is that in poll after poll people have said that with UN backing they would support war...
    Let them have fun while they can, for their days in office are numbered.

And they know this. Whatever happens Bush will be out of office in 2008 and I suspect that Blair would be too - given that the UK changes it's PM on a regular basis (max 10yrs or so in office) so really it's given that neither will be leader by then...

On the other hand, we could have a military dictatorship which doesn't gives us the opportunity to vote people out of (or into) office...someone who could sit there for 30 years or more...
  • Options
    Ah so I am the stuck up one? lol. Thats rich Jacq. coming froma 16 yr old know it all school girl who has seen some terrorist attack firsthand so suddenly she is an expert in Geo-politics and political ethics? You go on deluding yourself and take your own advice and grow up. Life isnt the streets of Gaza and reality isnt all that your comfortably protected and cared for 16 yrs have shown you.

Im sorry for things you might have seen but you are out of line more often than you yet obviously can realise.

In terms of this thread and my comment to Globe. The reference to similar rhetoric between what he posted and what anyone might find in old Nazi propaganda is valid whether you choose to accept that fact or not.

Neverhtless I dont pity you because like most teens you simply presume to think you have a comprehensive understanding of life when you havent barely begun to experience it apart from your mother's apron strings.

So you call ranting and cheering for the death of people on the basis of their nationality as "taking up a task"??? :eek2: And you have the gaul to believe that isn't exactly how the Nazi's justified their actions against millions of people on the basis of their religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc?

You must be a very warped and bitter individual indeed.
  • Options
    That the great majority of the public is against an invasion without the consent of UN is very clear. Even in America. The majority of people out there were protesting because they feel the US is a few weeks away from attacking UN resolution or not. As with every demonstration on every subject, you cannot expect everyone who supports the cause to show up- only a small proportion do.

The fact is that these demonstrations are of great significance and a very good indication what the mood is throughout the world. If nothing else, it might make Bush rethink before attacking without UN approval. Which would be a great step indeed.

P.S. Please don't compare me to Steelgate :yuck: ;)

P.P.S. Did you (or anyone else) watched the repeat of Bremner, Bird and Fortune programme on Iraq last night? Quality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    P.S. Please don't compare me to Steelgate :yuck: ;)

Yeah, I apologise for that ;)

Point still remains though, war will happen. Just as soon as the US has enough evidence to present at the UN. And they will find it...

Better that we accept that and look to the future. The enivitable cannot be stopped.

~~~~~

@ Clandestine - age doesn't bring knowledge. Experience does.

That Jacq has experienced the opposing things to what you suggest doesn't make her wrong, it just means that her persepctive on the issue differs from yours as a result. Remember, she has first hand experience. You read.

This isn't to suggest that what you have read isn't part of the Truth, but you cannot claim that you and only you know the truth and have the answers. You really shouldn't be so quick with your dismissal - and certainly not using the language that you did.

What did I say about arrogance?
  • Options
    I dont claim to know all the truth., never did. But Ill be damned if I going to accept blazing attacks on my comprehension of world affairs (and trust me I have seen plenty of arenas of conflict around the world - both in the midst of and in the aftermath) when I know full well that Greenhat or any of the other geezers like me on this site would be chiding her in much the same way if she attacked them as she has me.

I think even you MoK will admit that there is more to life and understanding the world and the numerous options that can be considered in any situation than most HS students are yet capable of appreciating. Lots of fire and zeal she may indeed have but well rounded life experience at 16, I think not. Im sure those of us who can recall our teen years remember all too well how life eventually taught us the bravado of our prior self assurances.

Nevertheless, I might also point out that many Israelis who experience these problems on a daily basis (unlike Jacq who is safely away in Denmark) still choose Labour's constructive view on how to end the stalemate by honouring Israel's obligations as it never did under Likhud, as opposed to Jacq who consistently justifies the bloody status quo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

That Jacq has experienced the opposing things to what you suggest doesn't make her wrong, it just means that her persepctive on the issue differs from yours as a result. Remember, she has first hand experience. You read.

It certainly does not make her wrong; it makes her something other than a gullible parasite, regurgitating the gutless liberalist cowardly mindfilth which is force-fed in the school systems, around the Western world.

The comments by clandestine, calling Jacqueline and myself "nazi's"... While beneath the dignifying affirmation of even contempt, I will address my comments through you, Man of Kent... I did not have the opportunity to meet and get to know many of my uncles, because they traded away their lives to battle against the Nazi's in WW2. Jacqueline lost relatives to the Nazi regime's chosen protocol in WW2, and has others who are survivors of that agenda. I saw my time in combat, in defense of my nation - whether clandestine accepts or rejects that reality - while being physically assaulted and spat upon within my nation by the "peacenik" doves, upon my return. My son is being deployed to the great sandbox, to contend against a modernday nazi wannabe. Jacqueline - while spending the most of her time in the relative safety of Denmark - has experienced firsthand the terror of being on the receiving end of what Aladdin empowers and justifys, and clandestine supports.

We are not "nazi's", nor are we the parasites whose existence is provided and safeguarded by those such as ourselves.

And clandestine? Is the opportunistic, gutless and self-serving politico who became collaborators and empowerers within the Vichi puppet government. The United States is a much better place in clandestine's absence. Perhaps clandestine may one day reap his just reward, as was merited by those who collaborated with the real Nazi's... Clandestine will continue in his attempts of obfuscation, because his lies and distortions are all he has as argument against observed reality.
  • Options
    Globe, you may rant against liberal values, but in so doing, and in so justifying the policies of the right wing that lead to the very messes that you claim are the defining experiences of those who live in the "real" world, you tar yourself with the labels you recieve.

Since you are so hateful toward the liberal scum who obviously founded our nation in the first place why dont you go live under any number of hate inspired dictatorships around the world and kill off their liberal humanitarian opponents for them.

Your vitriole speaks for itself. If you cant see that you are indeed a very sad and misguided fool.
  • Options

Your vitriole speaks for itself. If you cant see that you are indeed a very sad and misguided fool.

Is it now that I should tell you, that most people would place their bet on you fullfilling those abovementioned categories?
  • Options

Since you are so hateful toward the liberal scum who obviously founded our nation in the first place why dont you go live under any number of hate inspired dictatorships around the world and kill off their liberal humanitarian opponents for them.

Those who founded the United States? Were much closer to my ilk; and those who opposed resistence against the oppressor England, were very much like you. Get your history straightened out, before you blithly bandy about terms like liberal and conservative.

Run your mouth, it is all your kind has. Cowards who exist within the protection afforded by men (and women) who understand that there is a moment for the mouth, and then comes the time when the "militant's" you refer to as "nazi's" must clean up the messes created by those such as you.

May you receive your edifying moment, the one which awakens you from your parasitic cowardice, and self-serving opportunism.
  • Options
    Fighting oppression and claiming the right to decide who must be invaded and destroyed or who as an entire nation are evil are vastly different perspectives Globe ol boy. If you havent that much sense then there isnt even any sense discussing anything with you since hate is all you seem to know and cherish.

In this instance you fit more in the role of those we fought against for independence in the first place than those who framed our free society. Go on and continue to delude yourself while cheering the domination of our leaders over yet more foreign lands.

In the end its always the hawks who run and hide and leave the real cleanup and problem solving to those liberal scum who actually care about improving the world we live in.

As for bandying about terms, twas you who went off on the vehement and hate filled rant that sparked all this so go look in the mirror and youll see the definition of "hypocrit".

Jacq> What a nicely nebulous and unverifiable claim to make. Id venture that certainly here in Europe twould be you and your perspective that the masses oppose.
  • Options

In the end its always the hawks who run and hide and leave the real cleanup and problem solving to those liberal scum who actually care about improving the world we live in.

How can you improve anything, by staying passive?
  • Options
    big difference between being passive and opposing war. Amongst other things life will teach as you get older is that there aren't ever only two extreme options to resolve any conflict.

The fact that you think war and violence is the only solution despite clear demonstration of the ineffectiveness of that perspective only shows you have much to learn yet.