Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

moving to london

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
after the end of this year, ive got 1 more year of tech and im off to university. i could go to queens which is only up the road, however i hate my life here, its shite everythings gone wrong and id love to start afresh so i was gonna go to london. but i dont know where id stay or anything. and one of my best friends who lives in london really wants me over, but i.....i dunno. HELP
Post edited by JustV on


  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you wanted to move to London to do a uni course they should give you the option of taking up accomodation with them (in halls or student flats), something you can find out about from their websites or by ringing and asking. You could also consider moving in with your mate. That whole thing is not too scary and you can find out more about it all in our housing factsheets and our student special

    If you were thinking of moving here but not studying that will be a little harder to start with but still possible - could you stay with your friend while sorting out somewhere to stay (try loot and timeout for flatshares) and a job? London is costly and if you aren't working you may need a guarantor before you can rent somewhere. Then there is a deposit (one month to 6 weeks rent) plus one month's rent in advance and the possibility of an extortionate referencing fee. Not trying to put you off, just prepare you.

    If you really want to move here then do so, but be financially prepared or it will be no fun at all

    Susie :)
Sign In or Register to comment.