Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tony and Me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone has read the Dr Parosn's book 'Tony and Me' (about George and Tony). It written in the style of 'Crayon Therapy' used by psyciatrists (sp?) and looks at the fragile mental state of Bush and his bizarre love affair with Tony. It's a realy good read, bit sick at times, but funny and insightful...

Comments

• Options
    al Qaeda almost blew up your Hogsworthy celebration this year. Your anger towards the government and Tony Blair's vigilance that stopped them is beyond me.
  • Options
    As is most of what is truly going on in the world, pnj. No wonder since you consult the evening news as if it were God's own truth.
  • Options
    The news in the US, UK, Australia and Canada. That's why I can't believe it's all a lie.
  • Options
    The News is everywhere, and in many countries it shows a much different perspective on the matter than what you are shown. You see what makes us look good, or at least as "not bad" as possible.

I do come back and I do see the news and the press and trust me after living abroad you can spot how self-aggrandizing our own press is toward our role in the world. Nobody is rocking the boat too much, even if some are making waves.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    al Qaeda almost blew up your Hogsworthy celebration this year. Your anger towards the government and Tony Blair's vigilance that stopped them is beyond me.
    My god PNJ, talk about reactionary. First off, I am not angry at Tony or my Government, where, pray tell, do I give that impression? Tony et al don't really give a fuck about me anyway, or my friends or family or the rest of the population so it seems, so we just get on with it. Blair and his crony government have given students the worst deal in centuries, and to think I voted for him... Added to that he is your illustrious leader's puppet on a string, which is something this book I speak of get across very well. But that is besides the point...
    His vigilance you say? Was it hell! It was good hard work by the police and investigating agencies that nailed those 'terrorists' in Edinburgh, not Blair or his Government... And it's Hogmanay, if you are going to take the piss at least have respect rather than having a cheap go at my culture. Anyway, what has your reply got to do with my original question? Nothing...
    You know, I actually thought you were a cool guy, now you just seem to be going around annoying people...