Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hostages soon.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any betting that the united nations inspectors are taken hostage anytime soon? if i were in saddams position it would definateley be on the agenda.

Comments

• Options
    that wouldn't surprise me morrocan roll. he'd do anything....and actually he has done everything.
  • Options
    I doubt it...Hes got all the hostages he needs in the form of the anti-war protesters..

Taking UN staff hostage will turn everyone against him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Taking UN staff hostage will turn everyone against him.

Certainly didn't work for Milosevic.
  • Options
    mr hussien knows he can't win. he also knows that most of the western worlds populations are against this war. he has nothing to loose. there are about 500 of them. i believe they would make a pretty good bargaining tool. who is going to turn against him for such a move? anyone who matters? do we just steam in and kill our own inspectors, becuase that would seriously damage tony and dubyas efforts at winning popular support for anything ever again. it would seriously fuck up our plans to police suadi arabia as well, which is the real motive behind this. plus the massive untapped oil supplies within iraq that we want to take. all this 2% of the worlds oil production coming from iraq proving it's not an oil war is bollox. besides protedting our suadi interest it gives us access to the massive massive amount of untapped reserves under the sands of iraq.
  • Options
    why is the 2% not make it true? :confused:
  • Options
    Because, as Mr Roll has pointed out just now, and me and Clandestine pointed out to you earlier, Iraq HAS THE 2nd BIGGEST RESERVES OF OIL IN THE WORLD.

Sorry to use block capitals, but I can't understand why the concept is so difficult to grasp. It's not what is being extracted out now, it's the billions and billions of barrels of crude that sit nicely beneath Iraq waiting for someone to drill it out. Hence all the US oil companies drooling at the prospect of a US invasion.