Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Comics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was wondering if there's any comics fans out there. I prefer the quirky and weird ones like "Preacher," "Sandman," (ok, anything by Neil Gaiman) James Herbert's "The City" and various other ones I've forgotten the names of. I also love anything by the Yugoslavia-born Enki Bilal although I've only read his Nikopol Trilogy.

I haven't read any superhero comics so can anyone recommend some that aren't too cheesy or far-fetched?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    www.stripcreator.com :) fills any need i have for comics :)

i used to read Roy Of The Rovers tho! :D
  • Options
    Hate to tell you this but "far-fetched" is what comics are all about ... :D

But on the "non-cheese" side of things you might want to check out .... The Ultimates .... Violent Messiah .... route 666 ... Gen 13 (Relaunch) ... 21 Down ... Y The Last Man ..... and I'm gonna stop there ....

No actually one more ... Crimson .... Excellent book that one ....

If you want a decent place on the net to have a wander through check out my favorite online comics store they're decent guys who love their comics ... and if there's something specific you want they'll do their damndest to get hold of it for ya .... If you pay 'em a visit tell 'em Mr. Cook sent ya ;)

Happy hunting ....
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm too skint to buy anything right now, but suggestions noted. :)
  • Options
    I stopped collecting comics yonks ago

Well, I still pick up Usagi Yojimbo collections when i see a new one, and I grabbed 'Heart of Empire, the legacy of Luther Arkwright' when i saw it about 2 months ago, And still keep an eye out for Ninja High School and any Red Fox's that i may be missing.

The new wave however just seemed to pass me by

All i Know i that i was spending an awful lot on comics
    It was making me poor, and the writers and artists were not usualy the ones getting rich from it, so i packed it in (also a lot of crud was comming out);)