Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Letter from Saudi Arabia to me. Yes me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This came to me from the Saudi mission to the US.

Dear friend

We here have great respect to all christians in the holy Quran God syas that we are twin religins moslems and christians. there are some people have very big problem to understand that Usama Ben laden "ALQAEDAH" been kicked out of saudi araibia 12 years ago and I was one of the people who stand against such thing these people are 100% mentally destroyed. they made up some thing from the past and believe it "there are no such things in Isalm today". We here think that your President is making the dot like mountain, he is useing elcronic micrescope and making SADDAM look much bigger than he is 100.000.00 times than he is. The same thing was made to the stubed USAMAH BEN LADEN they made him very giant even he is like ant even less. Finally i am sure that these things will vanish but some people must talk to correct others" spicaly thanks
Abdallah

Comments

• Options
    meh
  • Options
    exactly...that cracked me up. I had written a post on Bolt that the term terrorist shouldn't be used to describe Palestinians. Then I got this from the Embassy. Don't quite have a grasp of English do they? 'Course, neither do I.
  • Options
    Their english is fine, its the whole point of your post that is 'meh'..Whats the point of it? are you trying to make a point about something?

PS, whats Bolt and why cant terrorist be used when it comes to certain palestinians?
  • Options
    I am sorry, but that doesn't sound as a letter which an embassy would send out. Was this a letter or an e-mail?

First of all the guy wouldn't send out such a personal statement on behalf of the embassy (country). Well at least I haven't experienced that before.
    Secondly if it was official they'd have someone English-speaking, who could express their views in the most correct gramatical way, and formulate it so it could be understood perfectly.
  • Options
    It was an email. And the return address was the Saudi embassy and the headline to the email was we appreciate your post on Bolt. I had said I didn't like the use of terrorist regarding Palestinians.
  • Options
    what a load of old ballcocks!
  • Options
    So morrocan, you think it was somebody at the embassy, cause it did have their email address. And I cut and pasted the letter. so that's as it was sent to me.
  • Options
    Me thinks someone is taking the piss.
  • Options
    Could be. I know the email return address said the saudi arabian embassy. I'm just a guy in high school. It came right after I said it wasn't right to call Palestinians terrorists on Bolt and it was at a time when I read Saudi Arabia had hired a PR agency to boost its image in the US.
  • Options
    With all the oil they have, they really wouldn't have a lot of money left if they had hired people to post on random sites everytime something anti-muslim came up.

Plus, I don't see how a discussion concerning what to call palestinians has anything to do with them.

And call me dumb and ignorant, but I was wondering to what extent they are supposed to defend Islam. I mean isn't their biggest concern representing and defending their country, rather than religion? Anyone knows?
  • Options
    That's true. The pr stuff was supposed to be about the positive friendship of the Saudi Arabian government and the US.