Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Life doesnt seem to be the same anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Life doesnt seem to be the same anymore. I mean I used to enjoy the simple things but now it doesnt interest me anymore. Nothing really interests me anymore. What is wrong with me???

Comments

• Options
    Nothing is wrong with you, you're growing up, getting older and adapting to a new lifestyle!

Don't worry about it, it is perfectly normal and everyone will feel like this at numerous times in their life!
  • Options
    Yes I felt like that quite a lot, It comes and goes now and then, like BumbleBee said you are growing up and there's nothing wrong with you.
  • Options
    Re: Life doesnt seem to be the same anymore
    Originally posted by shane_adelaide
    Life doesnt seem to be the same anymore. I mean I used to enjoy the simple things but now it doesnt interest me anymore. Nothing really interests me anymore. What is wrong with me???

Im sorry to inform you.........youve lost your soul
    ok thats harsh
    but rmeber the simpsons episode? bart seels his soul???????? he cnat laugh!!!!!!!!!!! poor soul :( *sorry that wasnt on purpose*
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Nothing is wrong with you, you're growing up, getting older and adapting to a new lifestyle!

Don't worry about it, it is perfectly normal and everyone will feel like this at numerous times in their life!
    thats helped explain a lot bumble...thankyou, i feel more normal now.
  • Options
    Re: Life doesnt seem to be the same anymore

Life is what you make or don't make of it. Nothing is wrong with you.

Pick a new hobby, make some new friends, and by god, don't dwell on everything like I do or you'll be a wreck like me!
  • Options
    Life does change, we all change :)

Take me ive got older, a boring old housewife all I have to look forward to is coming here..........so yeah life does change :)
  • Options
    So this is normal!! hmmm I dont like this :yuck:
    I know I need to do something new and interesting but what?? Nothing really makes happy anymore, I'm not depressed (I think).
    Need to do something out of the norm like skydiving or something. I'm not a thrill seeker, just wanting something different. You know the normal things are kinda boring for me now...
    Yeah maybe I have lost my soul :( Feeling abit like a goth lately..
  • Options
    I know I need to do something new and interesting but what?? Nothing really makes happy anymore, I'm not depressed (I think).
    Need to do something out of the norm like skydiving or something. I'm not a thrill seeker, just wanting something different. You know the normal things are kinda boring for me now...

You have not lost your soul. . . email me and we'll chat if you like?
  • Options
    (hugs)
  • Options
    Feeling abit like a goth lately..

Don't turn to the dark side!

See what I did there? See it?
  • Options

What you want to do is get involved in something that can really fire you up- like political activism or something.

Go down to the local Communist Party and let them brainwash you or something; thats something easy to get into, especially if your young and have the capability of be idealistic.

I know it sounds crap but stuff like sports or a decent hobby that may sound boring can be exciting if you get into them, and be competitive about it. Simarly with something like fitness and stuff; seems rubbish at first, but once you get into it youll want to beat your last time or be more fit etc.

It may sound mundane but its things like those that stops humans from sudennly realiseing how totally pointless and worthless life is and going mad :) :cool:
  • Options
    Tell me about i used to be so excited about the little things in life! staying in watching tv feet up relaxed now i need to go out and do something to have any fun!

Even my job is more fun than being sat watching easties!

Is called getting old ;)

nah honestly family are the most important theing in life thus why tomorrow sitting in with yet another poor turkey shoulde be fun :rolleyes:

Looks like im pubbing it again with dad! Millbrook football club ahh the memories i was almost born there! things like that dont bother me any more last year they were great now its just a pub :(
  • Options
    Feeling abit like a goth lately..
    Generalisations are rife on the boards this week. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Life does change, we all change :)

Take me ive got older, a boring old housewife all I have to look forward to is coming here..........so yeah life does change :)

Is that true!!
  • Options
    ....cos it aint.