Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Abuse of the system

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am really sick of drivers who abuse the orange / blue badge system for drivers!

I know you cannot tell by looking at a person if they are disabled because not all disabled people are old / in a wheelchair etc. However, they are only awarded to people who have mobility problems.

At out local shopping centre you always see young and (seeminngly) fit men parking in the disabled persons parking bays and running off into the shopping centre. It is so annoying for the people who actually need to use those spaces.

My friend admitted his mother kept his grandmothers badge after she died and uses it to park for free and nearer to the centre of town. Grrrrrrrr. If he wasn't my friend I would seriously report them! :mad:

I can imagine that many people aren't going to find this annoying in the slightest, but I get really pissed off by it. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Yep I agree with you on this one, it's very selfish of people who aren't disabled to use disabled spaces.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's like people who use the mother and baby spaces at supermarkets when they either:

1) Have a baby but haven't brought it with them and therefor have no business using those particular spaces

2) Have children but they are over the age of 8

3) Don't have childern at all but use those spaces because they are too fecking lazy to walk from a normal parking space to the front of the supermarket.

and

4) Have children who are old enough to have children themselves!

Grrrrrrr! soooo annoying! :mad:
  • Options
    Totally agree with you BumbleBee
    :yes:
  • Options
    Yeah but using the mother and baby spaces isn't illegal is it? It may be nasty and mean and downright lazy, but it isn't illegal!

Edited to add: The reason I am upset about it now is because my mother is disabled and she finds it difficult to walk. People ask her if she is really disabled or abusing the system (we get asked by old people all the time why we are abusing the sytem, which is why i pointed out that you can't always tell from looking who is disabled!) My mum would rather people asked her than just thought she was abusing the system like so many people do.

Anyway, the other day I was picking her up from outside Asda and some bastard pulled into the only available disabled parking bay and he hopped out and started to run away - he didn't have a badge but when my mum asked him if he had one he went back to the car and pulled one out, called my mum a nosy bitch and ran into Asda. Hmmm, he obviously had a mobility problem. Not!

Anyway, sorry for the mini-rant.
  • Options
    That is one of the coldest things Ive heard Of.

:mad:

Report that colded hearted bitch who is using her dead mothers orange badge.

Surely if there is a hell she be first on the list and Santa Claus' will be checking it twice.

GMan (OOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOH)