Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

chewing gum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why exactly is it that after you chew chewing gum and you drink water it tastes a lot colder, more refreshing and well.... weird?

Comments

• Options
    Re: chewing gum

*Billy Connerly fashion*

Well young wipper-snapper, its a secret that goes back to the dawn of time which has remained secret until now ;):p
  • Options
    And while the water takes a turn for the better, the gum only proceeds to get "dried out" and stiff.
  • Options
    even petrol would taste refreshing after chewing gum.
  • Options
    The only time I have chewing gum is when im going to see the doctor. I always have a fag on route to the surgery so always get out the chewwy to take away the smell of fags :D
  • Options
    chewing gum is made as a decorative covering for pavements and cinema seats...and you people are putting it in yiour mouths!
  • Options
    Now that is a good question. I dont know the answer though!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    chewing gum is made as a decorative covering for pavements and cinema seats...and you people are putting it in yiour mouths!
    :lol::lol::lol:

Now that made me laugh. But it hurts when I laugh at the moment. But never mind hey.

:D:lol::D
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

and under desks and chairs at school, but u wudnt know that wud u rolly ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pennyblack

and under desks and chairs at school, but u wudnt know that wud u rolly ;):p
    if i remember rightly it was more the contents of peoples noses that was stuck under there. so i hope you didn't peel any off and have a chew!
  • Options
    hehe Mr Roll thats horrid :p
  • Options
    its not chewing gum its just mints generally

toothpaste does it too.

oh and menthol things.... mmm lockets.

and no i have no idea.
  • Options
    hmm, strange i don't no why but i hate it when you have just brushed your teeth then drink fresh orange juice not a nice taste :yuck:
  • Options
    Yeah, lots of stuff tastes nasty after a good tooth-scrubbing... Gatorade, too. Blegh. Didn't know what was wrong with me the first time I had some Gatorade after brushing my teeth.

As for the gum thing, it might be because gum is really really sugary and the water gets some of the gum's taste, and is just cold after chewing hot nasty gum for a while... or there might be no answer.
  • Options
    maybe its cause the gum has a cold taste ....and then the water does too? I'unno. But I like gum. Im chewing it now :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by **sugar**
    hmm, strange i don't no why but i hate it when you have just brushed your teeth then drink fresh orange juice not a nice taste :yuck:

Wow I think I actualy know that happens lol... cause the orange juice is acidic and the toothpaste is alkaliney, so they neutralise each other making some sort of icky salt type stuff... am I right or talking out of my arse again?
  • Options
    cause the orange juice is acidic and the toothpaste is alkaliney, so they neutralise each other making some sort of icky salt type stuff...

That'd make sense.... cause it never happens with non acidic drink *claps for shukes*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera

That'd make sense.... cause it never happens with non acidic drink *claps for shukes*

Yayness claps for me... you wanna share my Cadbury's selection box with me? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shukes

Wow I think I actualy know that happens lol... cause the orange juice is acidic and the toothpaste is alkaliney, so they neutralise each other making some sort of icky salt type stuff... am I right or talking out of my arse again?

Well now i no why it happens Shukes :D
  • Options

Yayness claps for me... you wanna share my Cadbury's selection box with me? :p

yes. :)
  • Options

yes. :)

There's not much left ,omd... there's some chocolate buttons and a Curlywurly you can have if you want though! :D

You can only have them if you lend me some of your Beatles CDs though. :p
  • Options
    There's not much left ,omd... there's some chocolate buttons and a Curlywurly you can have if you want though!

*hasnt eaten since xmas day...* I'll eat anything. regardless of how ill it makes me feel hehehe *hands you cd with beatles songs on* I think it only has like, 3 songs but they're songs. Now Im talking crap. Almost as much crap as I was when I hit the Admiral of the brittish naval fleet in the head with a pack of flying chewing gum... oops. It wasn't my fault. He was sleeping. and it was tempting.
  • Options

*hasnt eaten since xmas day...* I'll eat anything. regardless of how ill it makes me feel hehehe *hands you cd with beatles songs on* I think it only has like, 3 songs but they're songs. Now Im talking crap. Almost as much crap as I was when I hit the Admiral of the brittish naval fleet in the head with a pack of flying chewing gum... oops. It wasn't my fault. He was sleeping. and it was tempting.

Well I'm sure it was very tempting, but that's still no excuse! :p

And you sure you want chocolate? It might not be that good for you... how about I get you some cake instead? :D
  • Options

Well I'm sure it was very tempting, but that's still no excuse! :p

And you sure you want chocolate? It might not be that good for you... how about I get you some cake instead? :D

:p eveyone just kinda looked at me in shock... he's ma uncles best friend. He laughed at it though. but he stole my gum :crying:

I dont like cake :p its foul. Although.....if you have any donuts :heart::)
  • Options

:p eveyone just kinda looked at me in shock... he's ma uncles best friend. He laughed at it though. but he stole my gum :crying:

I dont like cake :p its foul. Although.....if you have any donuts :heart::)

Ooooh I have loads of donuts, with lots of tasty jam inside too! :D
  • Options

Ooooh I have loads of donuts, with lots of tasty jam inside too! :D

ooooh i want one!!!! :flirt:
  • Options

ooooh i want one!!!! :flirt:

*passes several*

Now don't eat them all at once!
  • Options

*passes several*

Now don't eat them all at once!

*nibbles donuts* :D
    hmm...how come theres all these people online but we're the only people posting stuff? :confused:
  • Options

*nibbles donuts* :D
    hmm...how come theres all these people online but we're the only people posting stuff? :confused:

Because they're all so intimidated by us that they're afraid to post. :p Or maybe they're all just dead or asleep or something. Meh.
  • Options

Because they're all so intimidated by us that they're afraid to post. :p Or maybe they're all just dead or asleep or something. Meh.

They're probably all dead. or watching us. like big brother. :eek2: Im trying to remember my bloody username for my pikey live journal which isnt even a live journal. its a differnt one. So you lot can read about my interesting life and goblins. But I cant remember my username.
  • Options

They're probably all dead. or watching us. like big brother. :eek2: Im trying to remember my bloody username for my pikey live journal which isnt even a live journal. its a differnt one. So you lot can read about my interesting life and goblins. But I cant remember my username.

Get a proper LiveJournal then. :p