Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Erm... Me being a useless cook.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, my mom has abandoned us (just making it a little bit more dramatic to catch attention), and I need to cook some rice.

I am useless in a kitchen, and wondered if anyone here knew how to cook rice in that microwave thing?

Please, answer ASAP :)

Comments

• Options
    ~runs away screaming his arse off~

sorry that didn't help
  • Options
    i'm no good with a micro but gi me a pan. if it's just for you, put a handful of rice in a pan. the cold water should cover it by two inches. when it starts to boil turn the heat to low and then wait till 99%of the water has gone. avoid stirring whilst cooking.
  • Options
    Put it ina icrowavable bowl with half a cup of water and cook for about 10 minutes or untill done, drain and then eat :D
  • Options
    eat it uncooked. or go into the woods and find some berries or plants to eat. That's what Id do :) *most hopeless cook on this planet*
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

Jacq, I seriously can't believe you didn't cook it in a pan. You *are* so incredibly lazy. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera
    eat it uncooked. or go into the woods and find some berries or plants to eat. That's what Id do :) *most hopeless cook on this planet*

And you're even worse than Jacq. :p
  • Options
    Order the rice fae local chinese (if lucky enough one open on xmas day as my local). Be easier, bout £1.90 maybe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondAFC
    Order the rice fae local chinese (if lucky enough one open on xmas day as my local). Be easier, bout £1.90 maybe.

Not in Denmark it wont be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

Not in Denmark it wont be.

Bugger, didnt even look where from!
  • Options
    Good god woman rice is probably the simplest thing to cook in a pan you could possibly imagine. Just put rice and water in the pan and leave it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Good god woman rice is probably the simplest thing to cook in a pan you could possibly imagine. Just put rice and water in the pan and leave it.

Apparently she was feeling too lazy to wait the 10 minutes it takes to cook the stuff, she wanted it asap.

It is embrassing, really. For her.
  • Options
    So yes, I am damn lazy and you people are just damn useless :p

Deeb was closest to the answer. And it took an out of country call to find out.
    Though I never got to make it, as my friend came, we watched "The Ciderhouse Rules" and forgot about dinner.

And people it's much easier in the microwave.
  • Options
    Dammit Jacq! how are you supposed to cook me dinner if you're a worse cook then me? :p I thought women knew how to cook by default... :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way
    Dammit Jacq! how are you supposed to cook me dinner if you're a worse cook then me? :p I thought women knew how to cook by default... :confused:

oooh *waits for big argument to ensue* :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way

Fortunately I don't fit the "typical woman" image. Which means that I will have to bag some guy who will do the cooking and cleaning for me :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Deeb was closest to the answer. And it took an out of country call to find out.

Should have just listened to me then :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb

Should have just listened to me then :p

Not really, as you weren't that close!

For every cup of rice I need two cups of water, and then put it in the microwave for 15 minutes. Voila, it's done!
    Though I haven't tried yet, and with my luck it probably won't turn out as expected.

I can't believe that no one here knew that. Psshh, useless :rolleyes:

;)
  • Options
    You cannot be a badder cook than me, seriously. Latest disaster - melting a pizza in it's plastic on the hotplate.

But anyway, to cook rice -
    Go to supermarket, buy microwave ricey meal, microwave, eat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by evilemsie
    You cannot be a badder cook than me, seriously. Latest disaster - melting a pizza in it's plastic on the hotplate.

I am the worst cook ever! crown me crown me! Pwease? I just want a crown... I set fire to pretty much everything I make. Or spill flour all over the kitchen, burn myself, mix 2 recipies together...nearly kill someone... oops.