Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What can i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, ok theres a lad i know, and we get on really well etc
A while ago his ex-gf aborted his baby without telling him! which i found so horrible and i really dont like her. This upset him so much and he is stil hurting from it, how can i cheer him up etc bcos all he seems to be doing is going to the pub EVERY night!
Another thing is.. him and his dad dont get on anymore for some reason, and aparently the other night there was smashing and shouting going on in his house and the police were round there the next morning, and aparently he hit his dad n stuff (i only kno this bcos my best m8 lives next door to him) Im really worried about him, he seems fine when we talk and stuff, but what can i do??
Any advice wud be great thanx.
s_m_b xxxx

Comments

• Options
    i would let him know he can talk to you about anything, because there is obviously some things he is thinking about. i was in the same situation (not as serious though) and the best support was just my friends and my girlfriend being there around me smiling and just making me feel like i had a purpose, and to put it in a cliché, it made me feel wanted. my friends were great and i felt like i could tell them everything but i just didnt know what to say i just kept thinking about it again and again. and then later i needed space. but my girlfriend is so happy she made me geet over it.
  • Options
    Don't hate his ex for doing what she did...it was her decision and its too late for him to do anything. If he is still really hurting then perhaps he needs counselling to help him move forward. Thalk to him by all means but try to help him get help.

in particular he needs help for his anger and agression...He really shouldn't be hitting his dad!
  • Options
    Make sure your there to listen to him when he wants to share his problems, when he's ready he'll be able to open up to you. One of my male friends who I've known for 8 years is adopted and he has never spoken about it but the other night he opened up and we understand him better and he is relived that he has someone to talk to about it, I know its a different situation but kinda the same you just got to wait until he's ready. Maybe get him out for a meal, bowling, cinema, anything thats not the pub.