Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I Obsessed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Guys.....I would like loads of opinions...
Me and my boyf split up about 3 weeks ago, and he has been with another girl ever since....I, however, am still on the rebound as I actually fell in love with him.
I think about him 24/7 and talk about him non-stop, much to my friends' disgust.
I've also written a poem about my feelings for him, called The Real You....
Should I give it to him, or keep it to myself?
SweetLeaf X

Comments

• Options
    Nah babe, save some face and move on

I know what am I like (Evil) and I know what I would do with it…… You mustn’t show him it or give him it!

He has a gf and you would do well to leave them alone and look for new bf, I know it’s hard but it will be for the best.

You seem sweet so it shouldn’t be hard to get another bf (Well try and get a nice one)
  • Options
    DON'T GIVE IT TO HIM, you'll regret it if you do, I know I regret some of the dumb things I did after I broke up with my ex, it humiliates me now. Hold your head up high, have no contact with him, keep busy and you'll move on.

Good luck.
  • Options
    SweetLeaf I am feeling exactly the same as you at the moment and I am trying to get over this guy I'm in love with. But it sounds like he doesn't care about you since the wanker went off with another girl straight after you split. You should just forget him like I'm trying with this guy...:(
  • Options
    "have no contact with him" LOL,
    He's my best mate and we see each other for at least 2 hours per day at skool in the same lessons, and we sit next to each other! lol....
    Good thinking, but not possible...
    Hmmm, Boy have I messed this one up hehe
    SweetLeaf X
  • Options
    Nah, get with another boy at school!:p

Trust me you will regret giving him that latter if you do.

I have er.. had one or two given to me and always resulted in me showing my mates (I was a little cunt in school!) I'm not evil now.

And the girl ended hating me (I couldn’t help myself, the more they said don’t show anyone, the more I wanted to):o

Maybe because he’s your mate he wont show anyone, but still it leaves you vulnerable with him and will make things difficult
  • Options
    awwwwwwww, babe

I know it must seem like the hardest thing, but as for the letter, don't give it to him. By all means keep it and look back on it to remind yourself of how you felt in years to come but don't give him the power to hurt you more. You would probably push him away if he's your best mate coz he might be a bit overwhelmed by it all.

As he's you best mate, well there's no easy solution to that one, but try to move away from it slightly, spend a little less time with him if possible but you will move on, it takes time (the oldest cliche but its so, so true!)

well goodluck and be happy that you still have a friendship left coz loadsa people never manage it again.
  • Options
    Can't help too much on this one, but I'd say try and get a clean break from him, and maybe try and sort your friendship out once the feelings have died down a bit.

You remind me of me a bit when I split with my g/f. Used to write a lot of things about her. Don't feel you have to stop writing these things, but it might be best if you kept them to yourself for now :)
  • Options
    Hmmm, as you're his friend I think you should be supportive of his new relationship, to show there are no hard feelings.
    Perhaps he's right for you and perhaps he isn't. Try and move on. If you're meant to be together you will be in good time.
  • Options
    Awww

Firstly, do not by any means give him the poem. It will seriously backfire, trust me. But by all means continue writing. It's a good outlet for feelings, a lot better than violence.

You'll get a new guy soon, try and find someone who'll not dump you and go with another girl staright after. You're worth more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tashmania

. You're worth more.

:yes: And like every body else has said dont give him the letter you know how evil or immature some lads can be and it could seriously fuck everthing up!.
    g'luck xxx