Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anorexia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, i think i have a problem recently i have lost quite a bit of weight, I began this year eeighing 8 st 3 and now i weigh 7 st 5, i dont want to be as skinny as i am as im losing my bum and i dislike my figure now. Im only 15 years old and my height is 5"4, i realsie my weight is below what my average weight should be. i do eat my meals although always leave something on my plate, i dont make my self ill after meal times but i juust seem to be losing weight. I have told my mum about this problem and she just thinks that i may be going through a pahse in ym life where im losing weight. I dont know what my average weight should be but im sure it si more than 7st 5. I have been gettin tired recently and my periods have become irregular once again although they were never ina set pattern but did have some kind of regular Cycle, the reason my periods are also irregular may be because i have been on Pencillin for the pat week. Can some body help me please, I am tryin hard to eat more but to be honest im just not hungry, has anyone got any advice as to what i coudl do? Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    If you're not hungry you can't force yourself to eat. Maybe just make sure you're eating the right things, rather than only unhealthy stuff, or stuff that doesn't contain many nutrients.
  • Options
    I'm 5 foot 4 as well, and the weight range is 9st up to 10st-7.
  • Options
    http://www.wvda.org/calcs/

I calculate your BMI to be 18. The ideal is 20-25, and less than 20 is considered low.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    http://www.wvda.org/calcs/

I calculate your BMI to be 18. The ideal is 20-25, and less than 20 is considered low.

How many ponds in a stone ?
  • Options
    The first thing I would reccomend is that you eat small amounts often. Dont have a big dinner plate with lots of stuff on it, because you will take one look and think "oh no I cant eat all that". You have to make yourself eat small amounts often.
    Start of even if its half a slice of toast every hour, or a biscuit. Basically anything you feel like eating then eat it.
    What happens is that you kind of get into the habit of not eating, the only way to get back to eating properly is by taking small amounts, often. Once you start eating again on a regular basis you will eventually get back to been able to eat a full meal.

I had a similar problem and went to my G.P with it. He did several blood tests just to make sure there wasnt an underlying problem that he couldnt find. My blood tests came back ok so basically I was told the same as im telling you :)
  • Options
    If its 14 ponds to a stone my BMI is 26, i'm male so thats not too bad.

I'm not fat really !!!
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that I dont think you have anorexia. Someone with anorexia actually feels fat, they think they look fat so thats why they dont eat :)
  • Options
    erm - my BMI is 15. Although I eat as much as I can, infact I usually polish off my dinner. I don't look very skinny either. Im 5 foot 4 and I weigh 40 kilos - i converted this to 88 pounds. It might be wron im not sure but maybe im just a naturally light person?

p.s this is worrying me now....
  • Options
    Anorexia nervosa is where someone feels fat, the simple term 'anorexia' just means not eating for whatever reason.

I love life, if you lose any more weight it would be a good idea to go to the GP for a checkup, just to rule out any underlying illness.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla

I love life, if you lose any more weight it would be a good idea to go to the GP for a checkup, just to rule out any underlying illness.
    wisdom.

there are certain chemical imbalance/hormonal imbalances which cause you to lose your appetite.

they're not generally dangerous, but if your periods are starting to mess up it's a sign that your body's suffering.

a GP should be able to sort you out, and you'll look and feel a lot healthier.