Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the girl i fancy, her immaturity over lads and ppl who fancy her (long)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well, to refresh memories i still fancy that girl in my road, shes 2 yrs younger than me, and she has never bn out with or got into any1, just like me.

Well. i was walking home with her 2day and these 5 or 6 lads she knows start walkin with us. Now one apparently fancies her best m8 who is also in our road, and she said to me "this one fancies <insert name here>" so i just smiled and made a mental note to mention this to her. But as he claimed to like this other girl, he seemed to be flirting with the one i was with. hmmm
Then another of the lads started tryin to talk to her, but with me standing by her side the entire time he couldnt get near her. Then (thank god!) they turned off not very long after, and we were alone again.

Obviously curious i just casually say to her "so, u fancy any of them?" and she says no, but one of them fancies her (the one who i didnt let get near her). She has never bn out wit any1 and seems like she doesnt want a boyfriend. But i still pushed her for info (as this is normal me, it was not anything out of the ordinary) and she said this lad is "just taking the mickey" when he asks her out now. Yeah right! she really believes taht too!!!

well, then i said l8r when she told me about this lad that said "can i go and help her?" when she said she needed the toilet (to a teacher) - usual stuff, we tell each other funny stories.
But then i said "you are popular with the lads arent u?" and she went all immature and shocked etc., like girls are b4 they go out with ppl and then goes to whack me with the bag shes carrying. She seemed offended.
any ideas people?

i am too shy to ask her out, but her best m8 is coming to ours with her family on new yrs eve coz mum has invited her family so ill talk to her and find out whats goin on b4 i go off to my party.
I want her bad, she is on my thoughts a lot, and even though she lives 2 doors down, i wont see her for 2 weeks. Lucky for me the other lads wont see her for that long either...

younger girls hey? she's too lovely to forget about just coz shes a little immature, but maybe its a good thing coz it means she wont go out with any1 else

Comments

• Options
    I see you really like her . Do you get on really well? what year are you in?
    You can expect her to be immature because she doesn't have expericnce and doesn't know to act when you embrarss her talking about lad. As for saying "you are popular with the lads arent u?" she must have taken that the wrong way. she must of thought it was an insult, when you didn't mean that at all.
    I suppose your a bit protective over her because you like her so much and she might not like you protecting her. I think and i might be wrong that your scared that she might go out with these other lads and obviously you don't want that.
    If she hasn't been out with anyone before you must expect her to be immature and shy when you talk about lads but at least you can talk to her.
    I know it's hard but you have just got to ask her and she what she says and maybe it will work but being two years older you are probablay more mature and ready for a relationship than she is.
  • Options
    im yr 11 she's yr 9.
    we get on incredibly well, ive never been this close to a girl b4.
    As for saying "you are popular with the lads arent u?" she must have taken that the wrong way. she must of thought it was an insult, when you didn't mean that at all.

hmmm, that could be it. One other thing is when i asked her if she fancies that lad who fancies her, she got the same embarassed and went to smack me (jokingly) - either shes just embarassed talking bout that sort of thing generally, or i hit a nerve which brings me on to:
    I think and i might be wrong that your scared that she might go out with these other lads and obviously you don't want that.

That is what will keep me up in cold sweats at night. i am terrifid of this possibility. Apparently one of them has asked her out a few times but is "just taking the mickey now" she thinks :eek2: One especially is a lot better looking than i am, which worries me.

u are right i do need to talk to her. Ill have to do it after xmas coz i just dont see her in hols and its not common practice to go over and knock on the door to ask if she wants a walk. Especially in december...
    1st day back ill walk with her, if only to stop her walking with these lads:crazyeyes
  • Options
    find how you are special to her. if you walk with her almost everyday then she must appreciate your company. don't be put down if someone else looks better than you, because any relationship built on appearances has no chance. and if you want to see her in christmas you could turn up at her door and shout "merry christmas!!" with a nice present! although that could be a bit scary - i don't mind going to my girlfriend's house except i am afraid of her parents for some reason, not that they are bad people, in fact they are lovely, i just think they don't like me. and if you do walk her to school first day back you could always turn up with something just to say how much she means to you, ie her favourite chocolate!

and soon enough if you spend loads and loads of time with her you will start to connect, it is weird, but it sounds like you are already connecting, which is a fantastic sign. me and my gf had this connection and i knew about it and so did she but neither of us did anything cos we thought it was just in our heads until one of her mates came up to me and said she was crazy about me and i said i was crazy about her as well. went well from there :D

good luck m8 you are her friend already which means as long as you treat her right (i say this because my gf's ex was such an ass even though they were mates before) then i see good things for you two...

oh yea also just spend time with her, and when you do you don't have to talk about other guys, i mean you can if you want but if you talk about you two (even if you arent going out just how walking with her is the best part of your day) then she will think about you two rather than thinking about other guys....
  • Options
    not tryin to go for the negatives but:
    if you walk with her almost everyday then she must appreciate your company.
    yer, but i always wait for her, she doesnt really have a choice but to walk with me to be honest. But shes always alone, she doesnt walk with her m8s which surprises me.
    and if you do walk her to school first day back you could always turn up with something just to say how much she means to you, ie her favourite chocolate!

i walk home with her, i get the bus to skool with her with the rest of the kids in our road. i moan about these kids but without them i wouldnt know her so....
    but if you talk about you two (even if you arent going out just how walking with her is the best part of your day) then she will think about you two rather than thinking about other guys....

have u any idea how bad a mess i would make of that? ;)
    scary thing is, it IS the best part of my day, i find myself getting butterflies last lesson and my mind goes to her.

id better do sumthing after xmas, i dunno how bad id feel if she went out with sum1 else.
    i was actually gonna make a move (small move) on her yesterday as we said goodbye i was gonna give her a hug (which we just dont do) but she was desperate for a piss (things she tells me:rolleyes: ) and had to run the last coupla minutes. Anyway my parents were standing talking to some other neighbours and it aint the sorta thing i wanna do in front of them!!!!
  • Options
    ok as a member of GirlLand, she is showing very girly signs that she likes you!
    1......no girl just tells a bloke she needs a piss, would be quite embarrassing if you didn't TRUST the bloke to tell him that....she obviously trusts you enough to tell you personal info!

2....when she hits you I bet its her way of trying to make contact will you, its a classic! playfully punching and hitting a bloke is (as odd as it sounds) flirting, she just wants to touch you but is probably too shy to grab you and give you a big hug!!!!

3.... she never walks with her mates...strange some may say, maybe she doesn't actually have any mates(unlikely), so maybe she's actually engineering it so that she walks with you, maybe she really enjoys your company????

4.....she may have been really embarrassed that you were asking about the being popular with the boys coz maybe she likes you, after all if she asked you if you were popluar with the girls, you'd get embarrassed coz you'd be thinking about her....as for her keep turning down this other bloke who's taking the mick, well had if ever crossed you mind why???maybe she likes you??
    (also a free bit of advice, you want her to be thinking about you as much as possible, so the last possible conversation you should have would be about other blokes, they're the competition, you don't want her thinking about them, it shud be YOU!)

You said you'd make a fool outta yourself or muck it up it if you told her it'd be the best part of you day, but remember this she's joung and won't have the confidence to ask you out etc, you said yourself shes a bit immature. Every girl wants a guy to ask her out, its the whole gentlemanly thing to do and from wot you've said, it seems to be like she's thinking the same things as you.

Ok and unfortunately, no matter how amazing Auntie Ellie is, she can't actually predict accuratly the outcome, so say you tell her how you feel and it doesn't have the desired affect, well it might be crushing for you but don't burn your bridges but going all embarrassed and not walking with her, etc. Once she knows she may realise that she has feelings for you but it could take time.

My advice for future action wouldbe to get round her house like your bums on fire and just talk, take a little pressie or a video and watch it, or go shopping with her etc (I know you guys hate shopping) but the more time you spend with her (showing her you sweet and the best thing that ever happen to her) the more you'll relax in each others company.

A great saying I heard goes along the lines of.....

"Throw the dice and see how they land, for love is the greatest gamble of all"

Take a chance ans seize the day, you can never read anothers mind, they can only tell you wots in there themselves!!!

Good Luck boy, show her more of yourself and see wot happens.

Auntie Ellie
  • Options
    so say you tell her how you feel and it doesn't have the desired affect, well it might be crushing for you but don't burn your bridges but going all embarrassed and not walking with her, etc. Once she knows she may realise that she has feelings for you but it could take time.

actually, ive been thinking what id do if i asked her and she said no. and the first thing that came to mind was not walk with her anymore.
    Thanks, that advice cud have saved me!
    after new yr i will burst into action!!!
  • Options
    update

well, i havent plucked up the courage to ask her out yet. i havent walked home with her since the last post i made coz she's bn gettin lifts.

And now onto last Thursday. i have told sum1 about her, and he has gone with a m8 of mine to see her in the skool library at lunch time. they said "ian fancies u loadz" and "he'll spoil u" and stuff but in a jokey and piss takin way, this must've embrassed her a lot coz it woz with her m8s. i got a little tad annoyed wen i was told about this my one of the 'culprits'. so i thought fine ill w8 for her after skool and either go for it or repair the damage.

so i was walkin out, and she walked past and my m8 goes "look who it is ian" in a VERY loud voice.
    i ended up lettin her walk off and then wen my m8 had got on his bus i went fast to catch up with her, but wenever i got close she sped up and wenever she turned around she had a really red face. i saw her while gettin on the bus friday morning, but didnt talk to her. i wont c her til monday and want advice and maybe sum reasons y she wud have avoided me please.

btw, my birthday 2day :cool: :) im 16
  • Options
    shes embarassed sweetie! im guessin she likes you too and doesnt know what to do...do u live very close to her? cos if u do go to her house knock on the door and she will have to talk 2 u! go 4 it...im sure u will get the result u want!
  • Options
    with an age gap like that, even if she was yr 11 and you were yr 13, it'll end in disaster. FACT. unless i jus have the worst luck ever. cus i'm pretty sure its not my fault, its always dumb reasons with girls like that. don't get too into it, get upset and stuff.
    yes i am very depressin, sorry.