Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do nice guys always finish last?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im not a rude boy like you always see at school trying to be something that their not and im not an 'outsider' who has no friends but somehow i seem to finish last.
I have lots of friends and many of them are girls, who i've been out with in the past and somehow, become really good friends with. That always seem to happen to me. And if i go out with a friend we have some fun and then break up for some stupid reason e.g. exams.
It really gets on my nerves when all the fit girls really like the "so solid" rude boys and the girls that like me seem to want to be friends. I wouldn't say im unattractive because i have some really good past girlfriends.
Im a fun person to be with and i get on with just about everyone but i can never find or keep that right girl for me.
I was just wondering what you thought about us "nice guys".
:cool:

Comments

• Options
    how old r u??
    if ur round 16 i have to say that the majority of girls my age (16) go out with the rude boy types cos they r more fun....there is more excitement in the relationship cos u never know wat will happen next.
    i myself do not go 4 that type but most of the girls i know do.
    jsut the way it is!
    the nice lads i guess get their turn wen the girls realise that thye treat them rite and then rude boys mess them around.
  • Options
    Re: Why do nice guys always finish last?
    Originally posted by thelovedone

I was just wondering what you thought about us "nice guys".
    :cool:
    We finish last, Girls will calm to like us and want a nice guy, but this in fact is just a ruthless plot to lure(sp? Lull) you into a false sense of security. I don’t understand what they gain from it. Maybe it’s a power thing, or maybe they have a master plan for you:p

Just be on your toes my friend!:)
  • Options
    yeah im 15 and in year 11. i just can't seem to understand why girl like being treated like crap just because they can have more fun. I think im fun and i do fun stuff like going to town and partying but must not be enough......
  • Options
    well it depends. for example, these 'rude boys' feel up their girlfriends arses on the first date, and i guess the girls like the thrill. personally, im a nice guy and thought the same. but the thing is, if these girls are into rude boys then chances are they expect you to do rude boy things. you should probably be on the lookout for girls who like the sweet boys, they will expect the nice boy things! kit means that you wont break up straight away that's all.

oh yes! they had those white gold earrings in for my girlfriend *dances with joy* - sorry, I needed to get that off my chest
  • Options
    when i say "nice guy" i mean im someone who like having fun with girls, im not shy and not slow at coming forward but i don't like to treat girls bad. i think its stupid how girls can like the rude boys, get hurt, and still come back for more.
  • Options
    Yeah 16/17 year old girls around where I live end up going out with 22 year old lads who are after one thing.

Then they complain about it when the 22 year old lad in question changes his mind and wants a bit of maturity back, so he gets back with his 21 year old ex.

Nice guys then get their turn. In theory at least :D

Just a generalisation of what it's like here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by thelovedone
    when i say "nice guy" i mean im someone who like having fun with girls, im not shy and not slow at coming forward but i don't like to treat girls bad. i think its stupid how girls can like the rude boys, get hurt, and still come back for more.

There thick maybe?:confused:;)

I think they like the idea of taming a bad boy (Or maybe the girls aren't as nice as you think) Why waste time of a girl that wants to be hurt!

Maybe it takes women longer to learn things then men (Joking!)

This debate has gone on thesite lots of times before, No one seems to have the answers.

It maybe the style, image and fuck knows what else girls think about.

The fact is, we will never know.
  • Options
    If you was to look into it deeply I'm sure you'd find that the "Nice guys" that get treated like sh1t are normally extremely jealous, possesive and intense where as the so called "Rude boys" act like they don't give a toss and give the girls more space. But its all stereotypes and doesn't mean much in the big picture.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    Yeah 16/17 year old girls around where I live end up going out with 22 year old lads who are after one thing.

Then they complain about it when the 22 year old lad in question changes his mind and wants a bit of maturity back, so he gets back with his 21 year old ex.

Nice guys then get their turn. In theory at least :D

Just a generalisation of what it's like here.

i totally agree....all of my m8s r with guys who r 20/21 (we r all 16) i dont know why they r...dont thnk they do either but i thnk its kinda a rebelion thng....like parents want u to go out with nice sweet well behaved lads so u go out with older, drug takin, fast drivin, typical rude boy lads.....maybe? or not? i duno...just a thort!
  • Options
    I know it won't make you feel any better, but when you're a bit older all the girlies will be fighting over you ;) I know from my own experiences and my mates that by our age (early 20s) we've had enough of all the 'rude boys' and 'bad boys' that we just want some nice guys to take us out and look after us!! ;)
  • Options
    I've never been with rude boys. I've always found them a turn off. But in my opinion there are no nice guys. And if there are, none of them are interested in me. I've been out with ugly guys who appeared to be nice on the inside then all they wanted was a shag. Is that what I'm worth? Never mind.
  • Options
    im in college and i have to admit in school i wanted a bad boy they look cooler to be with but now im in college i think the bad boys r just anoying and by joking around there trying to hide how stupid they really are dont worry nice guys ur time will come soon
  • Options
    Nice guys rarely finish last. However, nice guys are not the one's who go around asking why nice guys finish last.

Nice guys are the one's too nice to go making envious assumptions that everyone who has what they don't is a bad bloke who doesn't deserve it!

Basically, girls want a man (or boy) they can respect, not just like. Someone who blames his lack of success on some weird twist of philosophy or fate is not that man.

Here comes the advice:

1) Focus on your own success via your own efforts. Luck is what you make. Don't blame the world for not learning your rules. Its your job to adapt to the world, never the other way around.

2) If you want someone in your life, then make sure it isn't because your life is empty without them. Who wants to share your life if even you yourself aren't satisfied with it? People want to share a life that is rich and satisfying, if yours isn't, then work on that. Everything else will follow.

3) Sometimes bad guys win. That's because life isn't a game, and doesn't come with a rule book. However, while bad guys may well get there first, they rarely have the character to hold on to what they gain. It is usually the truly good guy who picks up after them and wins in the end.

4) What happens to nice guys is something I hope you'll discover for yourself. In the meantime, you still have a way to go before you are really as nice as you may perhaps think you are. See points 1, 2 and 3.
  • Options
    You're only 15. Girls grow out of it, and the guys end in prison, so you'll win in the end. Oh, and what BK said ;)
  • Options
    i always go for "nice lads" just cos i like to be treated right and the whole rude boy thing just aint my bag but i can understand why girls go out with them....
  • Options
    Right I get it since you're 15 as girls at that age always go for the bad cool guys. I did it myself but as time passes girls, well the majority of us, realise that these guys are actually total idiots and will want someone whose decent, a good laugh and a good friend. Besides I mean come on! You're only 15. Why the hell would you want a serious gfriend? That's just silly.
  • Options
    Because nice guys realise the best place to get a view of a fit girls arse is from behind????

Just a thought!
  • Options
    Because Greenday said so.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Black_Knight
    Basically, girls want a man (or boy) they can respect, not just like. Someone who blames his lack of success on some weird twist of philosophy or fate is not that man.

You are a wise man!

If you want someone in your life, then make sure it isn't because your life is empty without them. Who wants to share your life if even you yourself aren't satisfied with it? People want to share a life that is rich and satisfying, if yours isn't, then work on that.

Totally agree!

Nice guy and Bad Boy are misleading words. What girls want is a good man that treats her right but is not affraid to fight for what he believes in and more importantly: has a life of his own and does not live to serve his lady.
  • Options
    FOR ABOUT FIVE WEEKS I MANAGED TO MIX THE TWO AND IT WAS WORKIN BRILLAINTLY, THERE WAS LOVE THERE WAS SEX THERE WAS GETTIN ON WITH PARENTS, BRILL BUT THEN I LOST IT AND GOT EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO HER AND TOOK WHAT SHE SAID "IF I COULD I WOULD SEE YOU EVERYDAY" LITERALLY AND GOT A BIT PISSED OFF WHEN I COULDN'T SEE HER AS OFTEN, THEREFORE BECOMIN RELIANT, LOSING THE RUDEBOUY "NOT GIVIN A FUCKNESS". AND PLUS SHE IS A MENTALIST AND ITS TRU, CUS SHE SAID SHE LOVED ME ONE DAY THEN FINISHED IT OVER A MIS-UNDERSTOOD JOKE THE NEXT? YOU WHAT LOVE??!?